Iron Man Bust

mutronics

Sr Member
Hi Guys
Thought I'd post a few pictures of an Iron Man bust iv'e just finished.
It's sculpted with Supersculpey and is about 26cm high.
Pete

IMGP4274resized.jpg

IronMan7.jpg

ResizedIMGP4451.jpg

IMGP4731.jpg

IMGP4738.jpg

IMGP4764.jpg

Woww....Wowwww.......Wowwwww....I really LOVE it !!!
Very cool. Awesome work. Waiting to see that sculpt painted :love

Thanks guys!!

I tried to get it as smooth as possible before i baked it, but still had to do extensive sanding to get it really smooth.

Cheers

Pete

Wow...great work. :) You really achieved incredible mechanical detail in this sculpt. You said you used Supersculpy? Is it a mix of sculpys or just straight stuff? What firmness is the sculpy?

Carl

Thanks again guys!

It's just the regular pink super sculpey, but I added some black and white fimo. Its stops it being slightly translucent so is easier to see the surface detail. After I baked it I gave it a spray of primer and sanded it down.

It's quite firm stuff, but I haven't used any other sculpey to compare it to.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys!

It's just the regular pink super sculpey, but I added some black and white fimo. Its stops it being slightly translucent so is easier to see the surface detail. After I baked it I gave it a spray of primer and sanded it down.

It's quite firm stuff, but I haven't used any other sculpey to compare it to.

Pete

I have to give that stuff a try. :) Keep up the great work

Thanks

Carl

I love the slightly exaturated head/body/waist proportions.
They give this bust a much more heroic look compared to whats possible with a suit designed around a person having to be wearable.

Its subtle, but looks amazing..

the only thing that gets me from looking at it is that the head looks a bit small in relation to the rest of it, but apart from that an outstanding job

Thanks again guys! I think he may appear slightly more exagerarted in proportion because of the camera distortion. Also his hips haven't been included in the sculpt so it makes the torso appear slimmer than it really is.

Pete

The Guy who commissioned the piece is molding and casting it, so hopefully it should be available soon! Hope so, I’m looking forward to painting up one myself!! LOL!!

The armature is made of two metal squared tubes bolted together, then I used miliput on the join to secure it properly. The ends run from top to bottom and to each shoulder. I did this so I could then detach and re-attach the arms and head for molding and to be able to detail the hard to reach parts.
I then bulked it up with kitchen foil, although in hindsight I could have used a lot more of the foil and less sculpey!

Cheers

Pete

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back