Studio Scale TIE Interceptor starts to take shape!

swpropmaker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys,

Got some parts back from the laser cutter today. The acrylic still has the paper on it so these are not completed parts pictures. They are for test fitting of the diffuser forms and kit parts. The length of the wing is 18" This will made into a kit to go along and in scale with the Studio scale TIE Fighter I produce.

Heres a shot with some parts in place and comparing to reference pictures. Thanks Uwe.
94721629.jpg

This pic shows the three main wing elements. The edges will be miter cut to achieve the angle required for the interceptor.
94721628.jpg

Close up of some parts for scale.
94721627.jpg

Where do all these go?
94721626.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Steve

Hello:

The botoom pic with all the parts...lower right...looks like the front mandable detail of the Falcon. Can you tell me what kit it's from and if is suited/from the 32" Falcon?

THANKS

I accidentally knocked all those little parts off of Steve's pool table last week... :(

Luckily, they didn't go too far. :D

Looking amazing Steve. Can't wait to see how they come out of the mold.

Damn man my wallet is already hurting why must you make me go broke :p

She is looking damn good and I will definately be proud to own her.

Greg

Steve,

Looking nice I can't wait to see it when I come over to pour next time. I'm glad the laser cutter FINALLY came through.

Slave1 Pilot,

Nope, those are NOT .50 cals. I think Spy007 is looking for another part though. I'll let Steve answer that one . . .

Ryan

yep... I'm looking at the part to the bottom left -dark grey thing that I assume is on the front mandibles of the ILM falcon. What is this part, do you know the kit from which it came and is it the correct kit for the 32" Falcon? thanks. kitr looks cool.

Hey guys,

Just for quick info the pieces that are marked are from the Tamiya 1/35 Flakvierling kit they are 20mm anti aircraft guns.

Well here is a update Ive mitered the edges and have joined the two outer wing pieces. Ive taken some pics with a ESB version hull with a ROTJ black canopy, I also threw a ruler in there for. Gotta love duct tape. Holds the world together.

The wing does not have any detail added and is not attached to the hull. I just propped it in place so you can see roughly the scale of the darn thing.

95369705.jpg

95369701.jpg

95369697.jpg

95369690.jpg

thanks for looking.
Steve

Hey Jesse,

Its Acrylic.. had it laser cut to my drawing based on reference pictures.
Thanks. I cant wait to start adding the sub structure and details.

Steve

Steve,

just found this thread. Is there a web site where I can order this kit from you or some way to contact you for more info?

Dave

Mmmmmm, studio scale TIE Interceptor :) Just the thought makes me happy, seeing the skills going into it make it even better. I can't wait to see what you end up with at the end of this project.

Steve,

Looking great man. Really enjoyed our phone conversation awhile back. Thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. Let me know what you are up to.

Regards,

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back