Your number one WORST film ever.

I've updated my worst movies list to include Jupiter Ascending. What a load of CRAP! How is it that Channing Tatum is still starring in big movies???

Prob to do with his succes from other movies like for example 21 jump street? (not a fan of him btw)

I'd add another vote for Battlefield Earth - it just has no redeeming features...

But here's another question, what are your blasphemous films - IE films where you think its not worth the hype or you like it despite the general bad press?

I'll give you an example, just in my personal opinion 2001: A Space Odyssey is BORING and fails to communicate the story it is supposed to be telling, don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous film with effect that stack up better that many modern CGI heavy things but it's not backed up by a good story or good story telling. (just as an aside I've read the book and loved it...)

Example going the other way might be X-Men 3 i've heard the arguments against it but i still enjoyed the hell out of that film...

I'd add another vote for Battlefield Earth - it just has no redeeming features...

But here's another question, what are your blasphemous films - IE films where you think its not worth the hype or you like it despite the general bad press?

I'll give you an example, just in my personal opinion 2001: A Space Odyssey is BORING and fails to communicate the story it is supposed to be telling, don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous film with effect that stack up better that many modern CGI heavy things but it's not backed up by a good story or good story telling. (just as an aside I've read the book and loved it...)

Example going the other way might be X-Men 3 i've heard the arguments against it but i still enjoyed the hell out of that film...

Agree 120% about 2001. Kubrick is all fluff no substance. I have said it before but I will say it again, my one example I fall back on is there was NO NEED for the 3 minute long space walk with nothing but breathing, the point could have been made in 20 seconds. All the classical music was unnecessary and honestly distracting where some of the music didn't even match the mood that was supposed to be set in the scene. To me Kubrick is a horrible director, he loves to make the art but forgets that these movies are to bee seen by other people that are NOT in his head. I have read the books and they are fantastic but all of it was lost in the movie IMHO. I would love to see a full remake of these books/films and would kill for them to finally make the RAMA Series.

The latest Star Wars installment. Followed by the one before that and the one before that and the one before that... The first two were good though.

The all CGI Beowulf. Walked out after 10 minutes. Batman and Robin of course...and...I know Im forgetting something here... oh BvS. God that movie SUCKS.

The all CGI Beowulf. Walked out after 10 minutes. Batman and Robin of course...and...I know Im forgetting something here... oh BvS. God that movie SUCKS.

^ Whatever Snikt's top five favourite films are

;)

I don't really have hated films - I have ones that I'm utterly indifferent about and will never watch again, and some that I've just given up with.

Probably....2006 Wicker Man? And even then there is an amusement factor, as there is for most "bad films". "NOT THE BEES!" or 2003's The Room "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!"

^ Whatever Snikt's top five favourite films are

;)

I don't really have hated films - I have ones that I'm utterly indifferent about and will never watch again, and some that I've just given up with.

Probably....2006 Wicker Man? And even then there is an amusement factor, as there is for most "bad films". "NOT THE BEES!" or 2003's The Room "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!"
Haha! :lol I still havent seen the Wicker Man remake. I think I recall the room, was that the one with john cusack? I vaguely remember it....

Haha! :lol I still havent seen the Wicker Man remake. I think I recall the room, was that the one with john cusack? I vaguely remember it....

Tommy Wiseau. It's laughably bad, and pretty much a cult classic now. Theres a biographical comedy coming out about it by James Franco I think.

Can I just go with all the movies made after about 1992? The early 90s were when music, tv, and movies all started to take a turn for the worse.

Tommy Wiseau. It's laughably bad, and pretty much a cult classic now. Theres a biographical comedy coming out about it by James Franco I think.
Ohhh...yeah I never saw that. The comedy website Cracked refers to that movie all the time when referencing an awful movie that somehow got made with a budget of 30 million. I think that was the number.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back