Finally!!! I scored my Die Hard radio prop!!!

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's the Kenwood TH-21BT. Not sure if it's the UHF or VHF but either way I am happy! Especially for only $37!!!

!Bp4miOgBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEuYLIK3lpBLtStlQzP!~~_12.JPG

Nice score, Brad! :thumbsup I think at this point all you need is Bruce Willis himself sitting in your living room and your "Die Hard" collection will be complete! :lol

Glad you were finally able track 'er down! She looks to be in great condition!

Now you're one step closer to completing the Die Hard collection or portraying The Bandit or a random H.S. principle this Halloween. :p

Excellent score! Glad you finally got one. The 21 is the VHF model, the 41 is the UHF, and the UHF is what they used. AFAIK, externally, the only difference is the model number labeling, which doesn't really show clearly on screen anyway. You'll need the shorter UHF antenna and you're set. Looks like you've got the standard battery pack which should be correct. I'm still looking for the antenna and standard pack for mine since it came with the larger high-capacity pack. Next time I go up to R&L Electronics I'll see if they've got any of the UHF antennas in their used parts section. And the Dayton Hamvention is just a month away too.

Jim

Excellent score! Glad you finally got one. The 21 is the VHF model, the 41 is the UHF, and the UHF is what they used.

Jim

Thanks Jim. So then this IS the 21 UHF model. Very cool! I will be on the search for the short antenae next! :love

I have been looking for one of these for over a year!

You can see a TH-21BT in this screencap.

die_hard_blu_ray_v_dvd_inset_detail_comparison_screen_capture.jpg

You can just make out the model number on bottom and the 144Mhz rating towards the top, the 41BT would say 440Mhz.

Excellent screengrab comparison, phasersonthrill! I did my own grabs from DVD, so I couldn't tell. That's good to know, we've actually got the correct radios. I would have thought actual 41's would have been used, I was under the impression UHF gets more use out on the west coast, therefore the radios would have been likely to be more plentiful. Cool.

Jim

phasersonthrill: You nailed it with the great screen capture. It is the TH-21BT I know the serial number of the one you are showing. We used more than one unit. I posted a response on I finally got my die hard radios sorta... from Capt MarVell from 2009.
oldpropguy

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back