Portable Automated Somnacin IntraVenous (PASIV) device, "INCEPTION" *spoliers?*

Chronos

Sr Member
An Alternate-Reality Game has started up for Christopher Nolan's new film, "Inception"...where people can go into other peoples dreams.

This site -- PASIV Device Instruction Manual MV-235A -- shows the device that make the dream-entering possible.

It's pretty well thought out, and kinda reminds me of the Voight-Kampff machine.

Obviously we need more material to work from, but still....who's up for making a replica? :D

Last edited:
Re: Portable Automated Somnacin IntraVenous (PASIV) - "Inception"

The website you linked reminds me of the website for "Memento."

See 'Dreamscape' which was where two assassins battled to save the life of the US president in his dreams, as if he died in his dreams, he died in reality?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087175/

Case looks great, looks like tape spools from old school 38mm film in the middle....

The case looks like a Zero Haliburton attache case

I think you're right. Trying to find a model that has the same latches...

Looking at the insides closer, I just noticed that there are 8 'timers' and IVs....so up to 8 people can be hooked up to this device.

Looked in the trailer for a shot of the case, but no dice. But you can see IV lines.

In the trailer there's a shot of a room full of 'sleeping' people with long IV lines connected to them, and strung up along the ceiling. (I love this concept, that people would use the technology to enter their own group worlds. Maybe?)

Also, the shot of Leo falling back in slow motion into water...you can see a line connected to him.

I wonder if any of the parts 'move' on the device beyond the obvious....can't wait to see more!

HD screencaps from the latest trailer:

PASIV_1.jpg

PASIV_2.jpg

PASIV_6.jpg

PASIV_7.jpg

PASIV_8.jpg

PASIV_9.jpg

PASIV_10.jpg

It's time to start looking out for licenses?

could you put 'spoilers' in the title?

not seen this movie yet.

Last edited:

could you put 'spoilers' in the title?

not seen this movie yet.

I've not seen the movie yet either. All this information is derived through the online alternate reality game, and the trailer...and I don't think it really says anything spoilery about the plot. :confused

But if you feel the thread needs a *spoiler* caution in the title, then so be it.

Re: Portable Automated Somnacin IntraVenous (PASIV) - "Inception" *possible spoliers

Just got back from seeing the film: Wow, it's awesome! I love a film that can create a world and its rules, and then play within those rules. Makes that world seem more "real". The PASIV device and the shared-dreaming is just a fact of life for the people in the film...with so many 'other' stories possibilities hinted at yet. Love it.

I can't wait to get some more images of the PASIV device. Have to see more! (It even breathes like the Voight-Kampff machine!)

Looking over the photos, Art, the gray box in DSC_4291 stood out to me. It looks familiar. Like a battery case from something I own. There's also writing on it I can't quite make out.

Curiously this box is in the wrong place. You can see where it should be in the lower right corner in DSC_4195. In the exposed recess there is a couple of brass nubs?

Inception Briefcase reference pics here

At Comic Con, Legendary Pictures has the briefcase on display. There is a ton of stuff in it! If anyone is building one, thought these might help.

Steve

View attachment 92267

Re: Inception Briefcase reference pics here

Great Pic, thank you! This should prove useful in detailed makings of a PASIV :)

Re: Inception Briefcase reference pics here

Oh please tell me someone here is tackling the suitcase. Inception was one of the Best flicks in a long time.

If anyone is doing the case PM me as I have many more pics of the case at high resolution. I would love to help out if someone working on one.

Merged threads with ref pics for anyone wanting to make this briefcase. I am with Shannon on this, it is an awesome prop from a great movie. I can't imagine how much it would cost to make though. Lots and lots of machined pieces!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back