Freddy glove 2010 progress ''Pics'' Update..4/17/10

METALLBOY

Hello everyone, I'd like to share progress pics of the New version of my Freddy glove. I've always been a big Freddy fan and I'm very excited about the new remake . I've been wanting to make this glove as well and I gotta admit its has been the easiest prop for me to build ''maybe not the most accurate'' but I'm happy with the results so far.The pics below show what I have accomplished for the past 3 days, I am now waiting for the leather glove itself to arrive in the mail . The part I find a little difficult is finding all 4 correct blades, I have been searching all over for a good set of knives but cant find none with the right claw-like curves. If anyone makes these knives with the right gauge size or has any leads on where I can find them ,please let me know. The glove still needs some more cleaning and tweaking etc.etc.

Enjoy..pics below.
Gil...

Ok guys, here I have another update on this project. I have done some tweaking to this glove to make it look more accurate .
So far I have cut out the front bottom piece of each finger because its not suppose to be one solid piece , I noticed that this part on all fingers have been cut out and replaced by ringlets. For some reason this has improved the joints to move a lot more freely with no tension. Another tweak I have done was to shorten the length of two of the pieces that attaches the fingers to the backplate ''they were a little too long''. Lastly I redid the wristplate with hinges and closure. I'm waiting on another pair of gloves and knives hopefully they will work well for this glove. So till then ,see you guys soon with a last update.

More NEW PICS posted.

Last edited:
Re: New Freddy glove 2010 progress ''Pics''..

I can't help you out but looks like a nice start, needs to be way dirtier IMO. I built one way back when the firs trailer came out, but all my stuff is scratch built cut and formed. :) Looking forward to your progress.:thumbsup

IMG_1573.jpg

2.jpg

looking good fellas
the wrist/cuff area needs to be slimmer as the 4 copper strips slightly hang over the back of it.

looking good fellas
the wrist/cuff area needs to be slimmer as the 4 copper strips slightly hang over the back of it.

Thanks for that info.. can you provide me with a pic. any info on tweaking this glove would be helpful.

Great start Metallboy! Are you going to age it with a blow torch?

Thank you guys . Thanks for the link suckface , I wasn't even aware of a costume glove out there. Oh and yes I am going to weather the glove with a torch to make it look aged.

AHHHHG! I got my leather gloves in the mail today and they are the wrong ones..ahhhg. Can anyone tell me where to get them? Sorry fellas but I really wanna finish this prop before the movie release.

The glove Finhead posted looks lightyears better than the licensed one. It's an interested design - I'm happy the director did not stray TOO far from the classic design. Those finger tips need some warming up to though...

Check out reviews of the NECA one to see how it connects at the wrist. There's a pair of pins joining two strips that wrap all the way around the wrist. It's a cool design. I'm not nuts about the tendon backplate, but connected to a full bracelet makes it feel like it'd be more supported/durable when Freddy's killing, so it's a nice touch.

Thank you gentleman ,I'm doing some tweaking to this glove and I'm still shopping around for some knives and gloves. I wanna finish it soon.

Does the F4K (or is it K4F?) site still sell blades only? They're like 25 bucks shipped, which isn't bad at all.

Are you going to try to make this glove 'functional' for lack of a better term?

I mean, it would be cool, I was just asking.

Out of curiosity, can anyone offer a "real world" explanation for how the "tendon" portions of the glove look? Nothing you would cut it with would leave that lumpy, ragged profile, right? Yet I can't see Freddy getting all artistic about it either...I think it's SUPPOSED to look sloppy, but in real life being sloppy wouldn't leave edges like that. Anyone got any insight?

Out of curiosity, can anyone offer a "real world" explanation for how the "tendon" portions of the glove look? Nothing you would cut it with would leave that lumpy, ragged profile, right? Yet I can't see Freddy getting all artistic about it either...I think it's SUPPOSED to look sloppy, but in real life being sloppy wouldn't leave edges like that. Anyone got any insight?

Eh. Sometimes you just have to go with "It looks fricken cool!".

Are you going to try to make this glove 'functional' for lack of a better term?

I mean, it would be cool, I was just asking.

I don't really know what you mean by making it functional? If you refer to it as a prop that can be used for fun and can fit on a hand and able to move all the fingers with real knives, well then I guess yes, its functional ?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back