FHC's Super Duper Prop-O-Rama Get Together, May 22nd (Indiana Prop Party)

FHC

Hey everyone, once again this year, Brun Roosa from the Anderson Mounds Mall contacted me trying to talk me into having a prop gathering at the Mounds Mall . After much talking, he got me to agree. He agreed that it would be held in the shop that used to be the Waldon Books not more then a few hundred feet from the restrooms and the food court. Since it used to be the book store, we have access to the shop from the parking lot rather then having to bring everything in some other entrance and or up some stairs, whatever the case may be. So we would have lots of space, places to eat, restrooms, and a huge movie right outside the door for wives and or kids to go to. Since it was a shop, there is only the main entrance for interested people that come in or out, and so can be watched. Sounds like a win, win to me. What does everyone else think? The only downside is that I would have to ask $10 for everyone that set up a table so that it would help me cover the cost of the one day insurance policy that I would need to take out. The room itself is free.

So here it is……….

What?
When?
Where?

What: FHC's Super Duper Prop-O-Rama

When: May 22nd, 2010 9am until 5pm

Where: The Anderson Mounds Mall in Anderson, IN (more directions coming or goggle it) in the old Waldon Books store.

I will need the names of those that want to set up and the number of tables you need no later then May 15th. No cost on the tables or chairs.

More questions? PM me.

Mark

Last edited:
Mounds Mall? Seriously?

Honestly, Anderson's not THAT big of a town. How many different venues are they planning on holding various small conventions and prop parties? :lol

Sorry, old stomping grounds, as you might know. Just find it amusing.

Damn, day before my birthday too!

Tony

Well, one thing that I took into consideration was what else might be going on that same day somewhere else in the mall. For example, if it was held on May 15th, there is the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby. I sort of figured that while having a few people drop in and out would be ok, nice even, no one wants to do it on a day when there is going to be some 300 + Boy Scouts running around the place. Or school art shows where tons of kids might also show up. ect ... Also I don't know if the new Theater was in the mall before you moved, but it does such good biz that it shut the Apple Wood 9 down. In fact, it killed every theater in Anderson.

This might be it's only Prop Gathering though. LOL

Awe, come on! Haven't you had good experiences holding events with the Boy Scouts in the past? :lol

Seriously, though, if I find my way out to Indiana around that time, I'll have to drop in and say hi, if nothing else.

And yeah, I know that theater killed the rest of the theaters in Anderson. When I was back for the holidays, I saw Applewood was dead and it brought tears to my eyes. Worked there from Anaconda to JP2, and I loved working there. Sad to see it gone. :cry

Luck with the shindig!

T

Yeah the city is not doing so well, to much dependence on the auto industry, :(

Not to much interest in this so far, but still a bit off.

Well with the date change from May to June I'm not going to be there this year.. (family wedding) :unsure

Mmmmm I am not having one in June. Mine is May 22nd and is a part of a fundraiser for Autism. I think that you might be thinking of a different one.

This is the room that the event will be held in. Right now it's starting to fill up with stuff that a local church is auctioning off this coming weekend to help raise funds. Still I think that everyone can see how nice it is.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Those that that do not remember the fundraiser that I had when the new ST movie came out. I took my Kirk TOS Chair to the Anderson Mounds Mall and we set up in the lobby. For a donation to the Hopewell Center you could have your photo taken in the chair and then my friend Roy Jackson would insert in on the bridge of the Enterprise. You could have it taken with one of the many local Start Trek fans dressed in costume or without, your choice. I'm planning to do this same thing during the Prop Gathering. It was to be out in the mall, but I believe that a combined thing will help both out.

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Finally, an event CLOSE TO HOME. I'll be there for sure, I'm in Indianapolis and it's a short drive for me. Can't wait, hope there's a lot of interest and attendance, it'd be great if this were to become an annual event, or even a every-few-years event even. :rolleyes

BronzeGiant

BTW, Mark, I would like to say I'm thrilled to see you're still very active in all of this: the fandom AND the charity work!

Kudos to you!

If I'm out that way, I might drop by to say hi, but I won't have jack or squat with me, so no table will be needed.

T

Starting tomorrow, 4/16/2010 I am going to start a list of people that are attending, tables they need, ect.. as I will need get that information to the Mall Manager. So, if you're on the fence on this one, get off the fence and come have a really cool day showing off your hard work whatever that is. Hoping to get a real mix of everything!

FHC / Mark

Ok I can't find the name's (where is my list!?) but we have 4 people coming so far. While that is enough to be a fun time, more would be even better.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back