1/72 scale studio scale Mig 31 Firefox 3D model Pattern

Firefoxm31

Sr Member
Hi everyone,
Well this is three years or so in the making. I asked my friend Nik to help me out on this as he does 3d modeling, unlike me. I provided every ounce of reference I had and then some to get this model as accurate as we could make it. I don't think we've missed anything and the following photos show how it all started. The model is very close to finished at this point. I think the next set of photo renders will show you how she ended up. Just a few more details to add and she should be pretty much finished. every single detail we could find has been added, still a few more to go... enjoy the progress

Cheers,
Will

Last edited:
I 3rd it !!

After seeing Stealth a few years back I always thought Firefox would be a great movie to get a make-over regarding new FX shots, loved the plane but a lot of the optical work was pretty ropey, think it was the fact it was flying against bright skies and snow a lot, really made the matte lines stand out !!!!

My god! All those lofts!!! There's a lot of hard work in that.

Awesome, Will, thanks for the renders.

Any progress on the 1/32?

Last edited:
sorry I haven't been back to this thread recently,
I had a lot going on to attend to. I talked to the modeler guy and though things are going slow he's almost got it, I'm such a stickler on this thing...

Will

Just think...when you finish the sub....you can make a large version of this too!

Btw HOW is the flying sub?

Nice render of the FireFox, Will! A kit should be well received & possibly bring you some commercial success that will get you Up & fully Functional again.

Frank-ly speaking - I know you've had some unimaginably hard times recently, here's hoping that this project will help you make a turn for the Better - so you can catch-up on those past due projects.

(One thing I do know is - public ridicule Never accomplishes anything Positive!)

Some folks seem to know ALOT about past due projects, from personal experience.

....and little of other things they are not involved in.

He is a tough nut, and is just fine. We all support him, and have been for...lets see three years now. To help him further, soon he will have one less thing to worry about, because, we are gonna lighten his project plate for him.
It's the least we can do. What can we say.... "we're just givers!"

Love the ship Will, it really looks nice. You can tell you put alot of time into it.

Flying Sub will soon be in hand :) No worries Frank, we have some big plans for it.

Will DAMN!!! Awesome Firefox.
George

Have you heard of Shapeways? You upload 3D files, pay some money, and you get parts in the mail. The exploded view you did looks to be quite suitable. If you chose to, you could leave the parts public on their site and anyone could order them, no further work on your part.

This page ought to get everyone's gears turning... hehe. [category]=SciFi]Shapeways | Gallery

I have , but I don't think they can pull off the amount of detail I require for the prints..I need .0019 res and there's only one company I know of that can do this

Will

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back