Adam Savage's jacket from "Killer Soda" Mythbusters episode

Luke Warmwater

Sr Member
When out at the Alameda naval base throwing cups of soad through windshields in a recent episode, Adam was wearing a nifty green military jacket that had velcro patches on the sleeves (like the Army ACU) and Fastex buckles over the storm flap. I've been unable to find it's like. Does anyone know what it is and where it might be found?

Maybe Adam will chime in himself...

If it's the same green jacket that he's been wearing for the past 2 or 3 seasons then it's an off the shelf jacket that runs $200 - $300 or something like that. I don't remember the name of the jacket or who made it but if I do I'll be sure to post the info here. In the meanwhile, you should try to post a pic of Adam and his so jacket so that we are all on the same page.

Picture
asavage2.png

-Eli

Last edited:
kitanica.jpg

I've actually juiced it up with a bunch of patches and a couple years of wear and tear since this pic, but dang is this thing well-made. It's only cost me around two bucks a day so far. Soon: pennies a day. :)

I want that padded blue jumpsuit he is wearing in the pic above!

There are some break dancers I am going to call out, and I bet I could spin on my knee really fast with them!

Does anyone know of a jacket similar to this with all those QR clips and everything, but a lot older?

Would have been from the late 70s or early 80s.
May have also been available as a vest/bodywarmer, possibly from a Winter Sports clothing brand...

That is a cool jacket. Expensive but I have spent $500 on a jacket before. I bought an Acr'Teryx jacket a few years ago for heavy cold weather, totaly worth it.

Funny, I saw that jacket earlier this week in a tactical gear blog. I guess being on Mythbusters must pay pretty well if he can afford these jackets since his old one (in a shiny nylon iirc) was around the same price.

Beej and Adam are pals; I'm sure he just gave it to him.

Beej and Adam are pals; I'm sure he just gave it to him.

Considering that the website gives credit for revitalizing their business to Adam and the jacket's appearances on MB, I'd say you're probably right. The rest of us suckers pay cash though until we get our own TV shows. :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back