Another Tumbler

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thot you lot might enjoy this. Doody's got company - I visited the local classic car show on Sunday and came across this. Wasn't expecting it!

03210050.JPG

03210055.JPG

03210065.JPG

03210087.JPG

Since we are on the subject has anyone built a Tumbler that works for sale???????

I know a few replicas have been made but they are one ofs that are made by guys with way more money than I've got and my wife chokes everytime she thinks about how much I have spent on my collection.:lol

This site just seems to say they "could" build one if someone wanted to buy one.

If I win the lottery they will be one of the first calls right after I find the guys who built the fullsize Falcon for Empire and get them to work on my ultimate Falcon replica. Only mine will be built on the inside as well and I will make the inner sets fit!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

This site just seems to say they "could" build one if someone wanted to buy one.

If I win the lottery they will be one of the first calls right after I find the guys who built the fullsize Falcon for Empire and get them to work on my ultimate Falcon replica. Only mine will be built on the inside as well and I will make the inner sets fit!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

yep those are the guys. chated with Grant and Gordon not to long ago about a MM car, they're real cool guys. heres another page with some photos of them building the Tumbler http://www.lastinterceptor.com/CurrentProjects/

Dana

I'm sorry, is that $400,000.00 for a Tumbler???????????????????

Please pay me $200,000.00 and I will build you a perfect tumbler and have $100,000.00 left over to party with

If that number is correct that is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion
well im asuming its in AUD not USD so its more like 363,000 USD

Considering someone paid nearly that amount for a non functioning, rusty blaster, I think that Japanese collector got himself a "baaargin"
Im tipping they already have the interceptor.

FAKE!!! I want to see video of it running with pics of the engine and ALL specs.... ;)

I was SO waiting for that! :lol

I do have a shot of the specs board somewhere, if there's any actual interest. Has a Vortec.

The cost of the project that was being bandied around on Sunday was now up to $450K Au, which is about $414K US going by the exchange rates of a few days ago. Eeek.

It still has a few rough edges here and there, but it is a work in progress. It's bloody impressive though.

Last edited:
Kinda funny, that website says they're "looking into the feasibility" of building a Tumbler, but there's already a guy here who built one from nothing in his garage. :lol One that drives, at that.

Spike, not to seem too defensive or anything, but the Aussie one is built and driveable. They're finishing off details, the website is just out of date is all.

Does Doody have his on the road as yet? Last I recall from his thread he was still waiting on a shaft (oooh-er, aren't we all?!) :D

Got to say though that I'm now even more stunned by Doody's achievement, especially considering what the commission build has cost!

I think the saddest thing is once it reaches its new owner in japan it will never be driven on the street.

The Japanese guy is just a front. It will disappear at sea from a Wayne Industries ship.

From knowing car building and looking at the pics, I think they made a pile of money off that guy. The parts are $20,000 to $40,000, and their own labor is free. But all custom cars are the same way.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back