IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body)

yeah Kor, was the Ig-88 master. I bit it was a pain to cast that IG army.

I guess if you used the limited photo reference and the various busts and toys you could make a pretty nice one. I was just thinking of the bust , but really it doesn't look like much more work to do the rest.

If you want obscure and the best detail out there you find Korbanth and Zorg. Seeing their work i wish i was a rich man..lol

Looks like IG is throwing up his hands in dispair and saying, "All I want is a pair of pants, a decent pair of pants!!!!"

Great project.
Always wondered--what does a droid need with shoulder pads? ;)

I've been hitting Home Depot and Lowes on my lunch breaks and evenings quite a bit this week. Picking up something here and there and doing lots of browsing, comparing to photos on my iphone, and general poking around. Hopefully I'll be able to get something accomplished on the feet tomorrow morning. Tonight I have to bake an Army Tank birthday cake, though.

Scott

it's a toss up up between IG88 and 9D9 on the best buildup if i ever get the 9D9 from Zorg i think i would try to build it up too.

Sure, feel free to post your pics! Maybe just the links to the photos, so they won't get confused with my project on quick glance.

I've seen a few full size IG-88s, but only a handful. Maybe only three. I once saw one in person years ago...late 90's...at a store in Orlando called Sci Fi World. They had an $11,000 price tag on it. I remember be amazed at the time.
Excellent. I'll look for the disc this weekend.

And yes, the one I built was the one in Sc-Fi World.

That *was* a long time ago, wasn't it Shannon?

I had planned on cutting the feet out on Sunday using my table saw, but it started raining so I had to give up. Dang rain! I only have the weekends to be noisy and it rains. Saturday was my son's birthday party, so that was tied up.

I did have some luck making the parts that run along the sides of the legs. I rigged a poor man's lathe -- a drill in a vice with a clamp keeping it on -- and took a dremel to a wood dowel. Here's how it came out:

lathe1.jpg

Not too bad for jerry rigging.

Scott

Who was thew original builders for IG in empire and has anyone identified any found parts on him beyond the head.

Good question! I would like to know that too. I've always wanted to own an original derwent flame tube. I wonder what they go for these days.

I had planned on cutting the feet out on Sunday using my table saw, but it started raining so I had to give up. Dang rain! I only have the weekends to be noisy and it rains. Saturday was my son's birthday party, so that was tied up.

I did have some luck making the parts that run along the sides of the legs. I rigged a poor man's lathe -- a drill in a vice with a clamp keeping it on -- and took a dremel to a wood dowel. Here's how it came out:

lathe1.jpg

Not too bad for jerry rigging.

Scott

Good trick. How stable is the far end of the dowel? I have done that with a drill press and the free end stabilised on a nail driven thru a board and clamped to the base of the press.

Good trick. How stable is the far end of the dowel? I have done that with a drill press and the free end stabilised on a nail driven thru a board and clamped to the base of the press.

The end was fairly floppy, but I put on a work glove and held it steady. However, you need to get the drill bit straight down the middle. Otherwise it will really spin all over the place and not work.

I have a drill press. I'll have to give that a try.

Scott

Also, had this at the Celebration 4 in the droid room, many here saw it in person

DSC05299.jpg

IGFinal1.jpg

ig88_teaser.jpg

and when I was commissioned to make a few of these for some customers

P1000039.jpg

and eventually made these smaller lifesized IG busts with real derwent flametube castings..

IG88001.jpg

7990_12.jpg
:eek cool pictures Korbanth. I alwys loved the character:love

Good question! I would like to know that too. I've always wanted to own an original derwent flame tube. I wonder what they go for these days.

I think Korbanth just sold one or had it listed for 5-600.00 on ebay. Skaught has smartly made casts of one he has. While an original would be cool to have , unless you had all original parts it wouldn't be a good investment in my mind. the Ones Skaught have done look spot on

correct, I sold my master Derwent on Ebay, just because I dont need the metal master anymore....although I paid originally $900 for it, so someone got a screaming deal for a rare original item

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back