IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - Body! Pg. 4

What a beauty. Can you imagine IG-88 chasing you down? Spooky as hell. Are you going to give IG-88 a proper set of weapons, Skaught?

Yes. I have a Hasbro E-11 I'll do up, and then I'll make the other gun from scratch.

Phew...I'm about to pass out from all the Bondo fumes. I'm building up the sides of the chest circle parts. Front and back, left and right. Build up, let kick, add more, kick again, one last layer to fill in some dips then let cure. Sand sand sand sand sand.....fill in the imperfections, let cure...sand sand sand sand. Then paint eventually and hope it looks smooth!

Scott

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - Body! Pg. 4

Two days of bondo, sand, repeat. Man, I hate bond now! Just to build up the sides of the chest circle.

body4.jpg

Scott

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - DETAILS! Pg. 5

Interest seems to have died down a bit, but I'll keep updating!

Skinned a bit more and primed it to see what needed more sanding. I need to add more details to the bottom section, but it's mostly there. The back is completely blank still. Accuracy back there isn't exactly urgent, since who knows what it looks like. I'll just copy the Unleashed figure, more or less.I made a new head for this, too. Cut off the neck and glued that on top. I cut the shoulders off since I decided they were too long. I have new pieces cut and can glue those on using an internal PVC joint. Hopefully I can get some good progress done this weekend.

body5.jpg

body6.jpg

Scott

Last edited:

Wow! The latest additions are really starting to bring it "to life." Outstanding. :D

Yeah, it's starting to look like "him". Adding the primer really brought it together, as before that it was ten different colors.

Looking at it now, I think I made the upper chest circle/bulge/whatever a bit too large. No changing that now, though. Hopefully after I add the cylinders to the center area, bulking it up a bit, that will help balance it out.

Scott

Looking killer !!

It's too bad you aren't making 2 bodies......one for display and another for casting and molding........

Man, that's looking great!:cool Have you thought about making his turn like it did in ESB? That would just bring him to life even more!:)

Man, that's looking great!:cool Have you thought about making his turn like it did in ESB? That would just bring him to life even more!:)

Yeah, but I won't bother with that before CV due to a list of other project I also have to get done. Like sew an entire Zuckuss costume to name another.

Scott

Skaught,

Stunning work you are doing here. Thanks for the updates. As much as I want to see him finished, the "in progress" pictures are greatly appreciated.

Ted.

Looks great!

I didnt like the design when I was a kid, but it really grows on me. Now I love it. and you are making a great build!:thumbsup

Thanks. :)

I gave it a spray of primer and boy, that really brings it all together. There are still so many imperfections though. Rough areas that need sanding. At some point I need to call it quits on that as it's never ending. I think once I do the final paint job, and add all the weathing and grime, the small imperections won't be noticable. It's only when everything is a solid gray that it comes out. At least I hope!

I think that's pretty much it for the front. I need to do the back now (the bondo circles are done, at least). Not nearly as much detail going there, but it needs to look finished. There are the back-side cylindars, too, but those are simple. Then on to the shoulders and arms. Oh...I started on the leg details too. I added one "piston" or whatever. After those are put on, it's wrapping everything in tubes going nowhere!

And finish off he head. Yeesh...only 29 days to go! Plus I have to finish up my Zuckuss. I made the robe yesterday, so that's the hard part that needed work.

Scott

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back