IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - Armpits! Pg. 4

Not really. The most expensive part was the 4" 4-way PVC coupler. $17. Everything else is small and cheap, but it all ads up.

Scott

yeah I was looking at them the other day . I could spend hours in lowes looking at things I would use for their unintended reasons

I wonder how often people at Lowes and home depot find people like us staring at pipe bits and fittings and wonder what the heck we're doing and if maybe they should warn someone lol

I wonder how often people at Lowes and home depot find people like us staring at pipe bits and fittings and wonder what the heck we're doing and if maybe they should warn someone lol

Sometimes I'll tell them what I'm doing, and most of the time they'll start helping out. At Auto Zone, I had several people trying to find the best part for the arm "shock covers". They asked for photos when I was done!

Scott

Last edited:

I finally got into the IG88 builders group. It seems Korbanth, Skaught and jack are the only posters..lol. And a guy that built one similar to yours. I loved those pictures of IG88's hands he was doing..

I finally got into the IG88 builders group. It seems Korbanth, Skaught and jack are the only posters..lol. And a guy that built one similar to yours. I loved those pictures of IG88's hands he was doing..

Yeah, there's a nice gallery in there which gave me some inspiration for the feet. I'm almost up to where the gallery he left off, torso wise. Almost. :)

Scott

I love the Home Depot plumbing runs. I built a static Clone Wars style Yoda with a PVC skeleton. I drew out the shapes, then went to the depot to find the parts. I ended up basically building him on the floor of the store.

I can't wait to see this in person at C5!!

my lowes card get quite the workout sometimes. But our Lowes doesnt carry pink foam , only our Home depot

Built the hips today. Just need to add the PVC attachments on the other side. Those parts will let the main body "plug" into the legs, but be removable for easier transportation.

hips1.jpg

hips2.jpg

Scott

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - HIPS! Pg. 4

Looking awesome Skaught! Wish I could make it over to CV. Sounds like it would be an awesome event!!!

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - HIPS! Pg. 4

It's starting to look like IG-88. Sticking the head on top helps a lot.

body1.jpg

body2.jpg

torso1.jpg

I need to lengthen the torso a few inches since I removed a coupling piece at the bottom of the main pipe and that dropped him down a good 3-4 inches. He's already at 90" as it is, though. I need the additional torso height for his chest details, though.

He's standing pretty sturdily. I was concerned about him leaning over but I don't think that will be a problem. And I haven't even added the extra pipe going up the inside of the legs. I expect pulling the torso off the legs to dissasemble will be difficult after that, as it's already hard to do now. Better that than too lose I guess.

Scott
http://www.skaught.com/starwars/images/ig88/body1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - Body! Pg. 4

FYI -- I'm still working on this, and plan to have it done for CV. I've been building Mos Eisely, too, and that's nearly done so I'll get back to IG. I have added more details to the legs ("shrouds", greeblies).

Scott

Progress! I cut the pieces to build the upper and lower torso "skins". I wrapped the bottom section with black ABS plastic, heat gunning the curved sides as I went. The screws in back (pictured) will be covered. Then I bondo'ed up the top to make it smooth (smoothing will come tonight when I belt sand it). The upper torso is cut out of MDF and will be glued in plasce after sanding. Then I'll need to build up the sides of the chest "circles". Those curve into the body with a bit of a rounded bowl shape, so that'll be interesting to pull off. After that, it will be gluing on all the details pieces on the bottom section. Lots of little blocks of wood and side fins. Fun weekend ahead!

Scott

torso2.jpg

LOOKING GREAT , SCOTT - CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED BUILD !! HOPE MINE TURNS OUT AS GOOD . :thumbsup

What a beauty. Can you imagine IG-88 chasing you down? Spooky as hell. Are you going to give IG-88 a proper set of weapons, Skaught?

Adding more body cover and lots of details!

body3.jpg

Coming soon...lots and lots of bondo. :wacko

Scott

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back