IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

Skaught

Sr Member
I decided to attempt a full IG-88 build in time for CV, to include in the 501st Legion's display. I'm hoping to have all the bounty hunters there! Of course, I have the head, which is half the battle. I'm just getting started on the rest. I'm working from the feet up.

So, to begin, here's one leg! Or the start of it. This is the main piece. Details and greeblies will be added as I go. I need to cut some MDF for the feet, but I can only do that ont he weekend when I can use the table saw. I don't think the neighbors want me buzzing that thing at 10:30 at night. Thanks to people in my other thread about the rubber joint part, I picked up a couple shock boots from an auto parts store last night.

Pics taken with my iPhone (my normal camera was dead).

leg1.jpg

leg2.jpg

That's the "knee", I guess. Nothing too excited yet but so far so good. I'll update this thread as it develops.

Scott

Last edited:
Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body)

You're off to a good start. I've not heard many attempt the whole droid before. Good luck.....:thumbsup

will watch intently due to wanting to do one myself at some point , if not just a bust with him holding his guns.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. It's always a nice treat to see something that is different, and I can't remmember seeing another build on IG-88, which makes this all the more cooler:thumbsup

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. It's always a nice treat to see something that is different, and I can't remmember seeing another build on IG-88, which makes this all the more cooler:thumbsup

Copy that. I don't ever recall seeing a full sized IG-88 on the RPF. This is a really cool first! I'm excited to see the end result.

Copy that. I don't ever recall seeing a full sized IG-88 on the RPF. This is a really cool first! I'm excited to see the end result.

Actually, I made one a few years ago that I *did* post about here. I had to make a lot of it up (and I didn't have the found item for the head), but if it would help you with your build, Skaught - let me know and I can either post some pics here or send them to you via e-mail.

Shawn

Actually, I made one a few years ago that I *did* post about here. I had to make a lot of it up (and I didn't have the found item for the head), but if it would help you with your build, Skaught - let me know and I can either post some pics here or send them to you via e-mail.

Shawn

:$ I'm sorry, Shawn, I don't know how yours got by me. Do you still have pics of it? I'd just love to see one done regardless of how accurate it is!

:$ I'm sorry, Shawn, I don't know how yours got by me. Do you still have pics of it? I'd just love to see one done regardless of how accurate it is!

No problem. It was a very long time ago. But I wouldn't want to post any pics here unless Skaught gave his approval. This is his thread and his build, not mine.

Wasn't someone here selling a full sized not too long ago either here or on ebay ? I know I saw someone , somewhere and it looked awesome.

There is a full size kit available and the IG-88 Builders group.
I have the cut off "bust" version which is pretty nice.

Looking forward to your progress Scott!

Awesome. Following this one with intent interest. I want to do one for next years big GENCON event here in Aus.

Anyone know what the status is with the IG88 builders group? I signed up a while ago, but still waiting for approval :confused.

Last edited:

Sure, feel free to post your pics! Maybe just the links to the photos, so they won't get confused with my project on quick glance.

I've seen a few full size IG-88s, but only a handful. Maybe only three. I once saw one in person years ago...late 90's...at a store in Orlando called Sci Fi World. They had an $11,000 price tag on it. I remember be amazed at the time.

I'm in the IG-88 Builders yahoo group. Nothing happening there right now. There are some nice pics of a build someone had going on about a year ago but nothing final.

Scott

Shawn, I haven't seen that IG-88 in about 10 plus years. It looked amazing. Can't wait to see your's Skaught. I love seeing build threads.

I might have been the person who posted my lifesized IG88 droid, from 3 years ago. A friend helped me make all the masters and we molded the body, arms, feet, and lots of the parts that go on, and used PVC pipes for the legs....even made the head from scratch, but now have castings from my derwent flametube to get more accurate heads..

P1000284-1.jpg

P1000282-1.jpg

P1000281-1.jpg

P1000280-1.jpg

P1000278-1.jpg

P1000274.jpg

Last edited:

Also, had this at the Celebration 4 in the droid room, many here saw it in person

DSC05299.jpg

IGFinal1.jpg

ig88_teaser.jpg

and when I was commissioned to make a few of these for some customers

P1000039.jpg

and eventually made these smaller lifesized IG busts with real derwent flametube castings..

IG88001.jpg

7990_12.jpg

Oh man, I can't wait to start my build! What do you use to make the torso part. Seems a bit tricky to me, but I havn't yet had a look around for parts.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back