Kick Ass costume?

I must admit I was looking into it last week.
Just been collecting reference at the moment.
Classic pair of Timberlands in use there.

I was looking into making just the mask. Here's some ref pics I got from trailers and such.

I was thinking that perhaps a luchador mask may be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Kick-A$$ would be a fun costume to do, although I'm worried that it will end up being "The-Costume", kind of like Dark-Knight era Joker, or 'Rorschach'.

Last edited:
Kick-A$$ would be a fun costume to do, although I'm worried that it will end up being "The-Costume", kind of like Dark-Knight era Joker, or Rorshack.

First off it's Rorschach. Secondly people are free to do whatever costume they dang well please. Don't see anyone getting thier panties in a twist 'bout all the Iron Man or Mad Hatter costumers.

Kick-A$$ would be a fun costume to do, although I'm worried that it will end up being "The-Costume", kind of like Dark-Knight era Joker, or Rorshack.

Even if it does, those who spend time and care about their costumes--the ones who put in the effort to make it as SA as possible--are going to be head and tails above those that threw it together. See the recent Gilligan thread if you don't believe me.

But back to reason for this thread, I'll be attempting a mask this weekend hopefully. It's going to be rough, but it's just a trial run.

Amazing flick. One of the most entertaining films I have seen in years.

A pretty simple costume to do, although the whole yellow detailing is embroidered stitching.

First off it's Rorschach. Secondly people are free to do whatever costume they dang well please. Don't see anyone getting thier panties in a twist 'bout all the Iron Man or Mad Hatter costumers.

ack, I didn't mean it like that. I've seen some damn good common costumes out there and I don't want to take anything away from that. I meant that I personally like to build costumes that are obscure, or arn't done that much. But I would love to do a Kick-Ass costume.

If anyone is going to make some great costumes from this movie, it's going to be the people here.

Now.. I'm off to practice my speling.

ack, I didn't mean it like that. I've seen some damn good common costumes out there and I don't want to take anything away from that. I meant that I personally like to build costumes that are obscure, or arn't done that much. But I would love to do a Kick-Ass costume.

If anyone is going to make some great costumes from this movie, it's going to be the people here.

Now.. I'm off to practice my speling.

Ah, well if thats how you meant it then I can see your point of view. Sorry if I grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

Here's my first try at a mask. I just made a mask based on the pattern from the link I posted earlier. Now that I have some mask making skills, next up is an actual Kick-Ass mask.

picture.php

picture.php

I should probably get a hair cut if I'm going to be doing this costume :lol

I went and saw the movie last night and was wondering how long it would take for someone to start on this, hoping to see lots of people in these costumes and Dragon*Con this year.

Sarah

Here's my first try at a mask. I just made a mask based on the pattern from the link I posted earlier. Now that I have some mask making skills, next up is an actual Kick-Ass mask.

picture.php

picture.php

I should probably get a hair cut if I'm going to be doing this costume :lol

NICE!!!!!
Can't wait to see it done!
; )))

Too bad you're that far, a hit-girl kick ass photoshoot would have been cool : )

My costume club pursuded me to do this as i not only look like the guy but have his build! Seamstress hired for custome suit, talked to a weapons expert regarding his night sticks and identified his shoes.

I hate them all :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back