Splinter Cell Convictions Sam Fisher Costume - Civilian style outfit

Hey guys, I know I'm new but I'd like to start my first post by saying that I'm trying to put together this outfit quickly and affordably for the release of the game on the 13th. I'm eager to get it done as I'm an employee of Gamestop and I'd like to be ready for the event. I was hoping you guys might be able to share some knowledge as to what clothing, weapons, gear I need to make this an accurate reproduction.

Here's what I've gleaned so far (pics only):

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convic-4.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convic-3.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convic-2.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convic-1.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convictio.jpg

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-convic-5.jpg

splinter_cell_conviction_6.jpg

sc51JPG.jpg

re: Splinter Cell Convictions Sam Fisher Costume - Civilian style outfit

Since its a video game, and created entirely from scratch, most of the stuff doesn't exist IRL.

That backpack reminds me of a bicycle bag though. Its like a messenger bag and a backpack mated together. So that's where I would look for that.

The sweater looks like a wooly pully without the shoulder pads.

You could also probably find green cargos like that at some sort of outdoors store (REI, Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc)

I would figure the clothing bits to be found items, the shoes, the pants, mayyybe the shirt. The bag, I have no idea, and then the gun would be difficult since I have no idea what it actually is. Etc.

Sam's pistol is an FN Five-seveN fitted with the OCP/ LAM unit. The bag is most certainly a custom. the screen/thingie on the shoulder strap might be made from an mp3 player/Ipod/Cellphone, I think.

Atlas

Sam's pistol is an FN Five-seveN fitted with the OCP/ LAM unit. The bag is most certainly a custom. the screen/thingie on the shoulder strap might be made from an mp3 player/Ipod/Cellphone, I think.

Atlas

I guess I'll have to see if there's anyone here on the RPF that might be able to make the bag and doesn't mind my timeframe.

What are the chances I can get a similar pistol?

The Opsat (screen piece) I can make myself from a PDA with an image embedded.

I'll bet the shirt and maybe even the pants either are or based on tacticle shirt and pants. There are sites that sell surplus of that stuff like thesportsmansguide.com or if you can find a military clothes supplier I'd check there for those.
chances are you could get real life tacticle sweater and cargo pants and modify them or just use them as is.

I'll bet the shirt and maybe even the pants either are or based on tacticle shirt and pants. There are sites that sell surplus of that stuff like thesportsmansguide.com or if you can find a military clothes supplier I'd check there for those.
chances are you could get real life tacticle sweater and cargo pants and modify them or just use them as is.

I'll go ahead and check out the sites you mentioned for the clothing bits. What would you say about the shoes? Are they track shoes...I can't tell.

hmm...not quite the right color: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/timberland-ledge-low-hikers-griege-brown.aspx?a=641120

but that also shows I was slightly off on the URL, there's no "the" in it.

edit:
although now that I look at the last two pics you have in your second post, I don't know that you'll be able to find any shoes like those. It appears they don't have any laces, I can't tell how they close up so...I don't even really have a suggestion. Maybe the low hikers are still the style to search for something close?

hmm...not quite the right color: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/timberland-ledge-low-hikers-griege-brown.aspx?a=641120

but that also shows I was slightly off on the URL, there's no "the" in it.

edit:
although now that I look at the last two pics you have in your second post, I don't know that you'll be able to find any shoes like those. It appears they don't have any laces, I can't tell how they close up so...I don't even really have a suggestion. Maybe the low hikers are still the style to search for something close?

I found close enough pants and shoes. I'll be making a cover for the shoes so they're more seamless and molding it and casting it in a flexible rubber.

I found a watch that's good enough for now, plus I own it, which makes it free. The sweater is a work in progress though.

Could potentially use this, would need to be modded - http://www.barkersonline.co.nz/Product_Detail_28.aspx?CategoryId=4&ProductId=1398

What do you guys think of this bag: http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=981&id=18
I'm thinking of purchasing it, although..it does look undersized. I don't know. I could essentially mod it with parts.

The PDA....Do you guys think an ipod touch with the right image (photoshopped) locked onto the screen would be good enough?

Trying to figure out how I could possibly get the pistol....*scratches head* :unsure

Last edited:

I've been able to get all the parts and a passable pistol that I'll be painting up OD green and black two tone for the look.

I just am having the hardest time finding the sweater. Can anyone help me produce/find this sweater before the release on midnight the 12th?

Five-seveN Sam uses seems more lika a tan-Black two-tone to me, but it's your call..

Atlas

Five-seveN Sam uses seems more lika a tan-Black two-tone to me, but it's your call..

Atlas

I read your post then looked through the pictures and I think you're right. I'll be doing it up in the tan/black two tone style. Thanks!

No problem, I just want to see what this will turn out like!

Atlas

I think it's a mixture of a suunto x10 and the 5.11 field ops watch.

I'm using a cheaper watch for now as I don't have the money to put towards the suunto.

The sweater seems to be the biggest hurdle on this costume, it seems it makes or breaks the look. I haven't been able to find any of the "right" sweaters with the 1/4 neck zip, the mesh in the right areas, and the charcoal grey color with vertical ribbing.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back