FX Shop intern work in Burbank CA this Fri-Sat-Sun

robstyle

Master Member
Anyone in the LA area wants to dip into some work at a friends FX shop this weekend shoot me an email rob_dobbs@hotmail.com
You must be able to commit to at least one day, be required to sign a none disclosure agreement, be able to use a Dremel and work with an x-acto knife without leaving red puddles on the floor, and most importantly must love props and movies.

This is an established shop and you will be working directly with the shop owner who does the hire'in and fire'in but he is a good guy. A swing shift will be set up soon for a decent sized project so this is a good chance to get a foot in the door for paid work through the summer.

The shop is located in Burbank near the Bob Hope Airport just off the 5 freeway. The days available are this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There is also the possibility of a Monday but there is a meeting that day so its up in the air. Internship means no pay but I know a few people I brought in are still working at another shop. Its all up to how well you adapt and work. Its a strange breed that works this stuff for a living.

maybe ask a mod to move this to the prop forum to get more eyes on it? FX work sure sounds prop related to me! :)

best of luck with it!
Tom

Rob,

I know glowing replies are cliche :cry Oh well screw it...

What cool opportunities you present here! Wish I could take advantage of the offer.

-DM

There will be some cool stuff, and brooms for everyone! There are some good and genuine people there at the moment. It will be fun if not interesting in the stories alone from these guys.

I would love to come out and do that.... oh well, here's to the east coast.:cheers

We need more of this around here. If I want so busy with work at the moment I'd fly out.

There will be some cool stuff, and brooms for everyone! There are some good and genuine people there at the moment. It will be fun if not interesting in the stories alone from these guys.

You contradict yourself there, Rob. Brooms and stories don´t mix that well.
I am pretty sure that the rule is "Less talk, more sweeping !"

:p

You contradict yourself there, Rob. Brooms and stories don´t mix that well.
I am pretty sure that the rule is "Less talk, more sweeping !"

:p

Did I mention each broom has different imaginary horse heads on them for recreation of your favorite hero on a horse film? Nobody wants to be the bad guy, those horse heads are mounted to mops.

Rob,
I had a great time working with Vincent today. Everybody was great. Just wanted to say thank you. Hopefully I'll get to meet you tomorrow.
Thanks again for this opportunity
-George

Wow! I really wish I had seen this post earlier. I would have loved to be a part of whatever project they were working on. I have been trying to get some prop work for awhile now. I would definately be interested in doing this if the future, please let me know if help is needed again. Thanks for posting this!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back