Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 8/29/10

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,
Thought I would post some progress pics of my latest sculpt. It is the Terran Marine from Starcraft fame. My main scultpting material is Aves apoxie sculpt. I love the stuff. :) The pics will describe the different stage work. Thanks for looking.

The basic wireframe
IMG_0738-1.jpg

Strengthening it with Apoxie sculpt
IMG_0759.jpg

Slapping some clay on to be used as a buck/release
IMG_0776.jpg

Apoxie sculpt has hardened as to be shaped
IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Here the apoxie piece is removed off of clay to sanded and refined
IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Lots more sanding and refinement
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

Getting lots done here. I just wish it were that easy and fast. :lol
IMG_0879.jpg

Started the chest piece. Still a bit wonky and lots to do yet on it.
IMG_0901.jpg

to be continued.....

Last edited:
Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP"

I agree an amazing start and everything looks so crisp and sharp. Cant wait to see the finished piece

Nice skills man, very nice!

Excited to see the end result.

Are you waiting on the epoxy sculpt to dry and then carving it? Sorry, this type of modeling baffles me.

Nice skills man, very nice!

Excited to see the end result.

Are you waiting on the epoxy sculpt to dry and then carving it? Sorry, this type of modeling baffles me.

Thanks for kind remarks. Yes I knead the apoxie, put it over the clay and rough form it. Then I remove when hard and refine and refine and refine LOL

Thats looking fan-frikkin-tastic! when I first saw the title I thought it was going to be one to one costume armor and my heart skipped a beat. If you ever apply your sculpting skills on a wearable version let me know a head of time so I can find a buyer for that spare kidney I got.

Thats looking fan-frikkin-tastic! when I first saw the title I thought it was going to be one to one costume armor and my heart skipped a beat. If you ever apply your sculpting skills on a wearable version let me know a head of time so I can find a buyer for that spare kidney I got.

:lol Thanks Smitty. Ya a full size one would be great. I just love the way the suit looks. Its heavy duty. Of course there is always the shrink ray route. :love

Carl

Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP"

Still working on the chest piece. Starting to see it shape up. It is a slow process because I have to wait for the apoxie to cure.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 4/7/10

Here some new progress pics. Starting to do some detail work. Put the spine in. It may look a little rough but all the refinement will be done last. Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 4/26/10

Great work, man! I really love the new design of the marines for SC2 and it looks like you're doing it justice. I'll definitely be watching this.

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 4/26/10

Here some progress pics. Started to rough out the shoulders and arms. The helmet is also in early stages. Still lots of cleanup to do but it is starting to come together now. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 5/17/10

Here is an update on my progress. Worked on the arms and shoulder armor. The shoulder armor is removable.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 6/1/10

It always brightens my day to see this thread updated. I have mixed feelings about the day its finished; on one hand it will be great to see the final realization of your sculpture but on the other hand no more updates :(

Re: Terran Marine Sculpt "WIP" UPDATED: New Pics 6/1/10

It always brightens my day to see this thread updated. I have mixed feelings about the day its finished; on one hand it will be great to see the final realization of your sculpture but on the other hand no more updates :(

Thank you Smitty. Very nice of you to word it that way. I just cant wait to show it off in a very cleaned up way to you all. :) This kind of sculpting can be very laborious at times. I think I have been on this for about 7 months. Ouch.

Carl

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back