Cantwell X wing proto?

ralphee

Sr Member
Looking to build this.....are there any pictures out there, we dont already know about and maybe elligible for sharing?
If so, would love a look, maybe even a group build/ID project....there must be somebody who has snapped this in that acrylic case?

Bests........lee

DEFINITELY interested in a group ID/build. This has been on my short list for a while. Except the short list is pretty long......:lol

It was not included in the Celebration exhibit I went to in 2007 here in L.A. From what I recall, the body appears to be from one of the larger scale top-fuel dragsters. I had thought that the engines were the Saturn V parts, but for some reason I revised that. Now, I can't remember why. If someone can post pics we can get started.......

Gene

Good to hear Gene, im super in for a group thing :eek The body is indeed a Top Fuel.......so im hoping we can get some ref to ID the rest of her.....for me, i get a feeling there may be a lot of 1/24 Airfix aircraft adorning the back end....possibly even the engine unit from the said Top Fuel, seems like they also used the windsheild, and capped it off on the top?

lee

I've been trying to ID those engines for a while (casually). Same ones on one of the Pirate ships. It's a 1/16th Top Fuel Dragster. I have more pics - just can't share 'em, but if we can nail down the engines and racer kit, I could get the wing patterns made accurately.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Pirate ship, using same engines:
L1010410.jpg

L1010411.jpg

L1010430.jpg

L1010435.jpg

Holy cow, wouldja look at that! I had been thinking that they had those "twist/lock" ridges on the ends, but I didn't extrapolate far enough.

Thanks! Once we ID the dragster, we can nail the bottles. Glad I work for a drug institute :-D - LOTS of models to choose from, I reckon.

Thats cool & very sad a the same time. Good luck with the finds guys, this would be a cool project to get off the ground.

Great pics Jason.

Well ol' Colin must have truly whizzing off his nut as these Vial's are also used on the proto TIE too....bonkers :lol

lee

That explains the raised ridge in the middle of the armature.

I will post the dragsters specs as soon as it arrives. I want to be doubly sure.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back