YES it's another Tie Bomber (LOTS of pics)

So thanks to Bigturc and Telepathic for figuring out the last little bits of unknown parts on the TB. I wasn't satisfied knowing that some of the parts on my bird were wrong, so I purchased the one kit I didn't already have and grabbed the parts from the kits that I did have. I also discovered some better reference and was able to see some areas on the wing extensions that I had gotten wrong. So I scraped off the parts that were wrong along with the detail on the wing extensions. Reattached the correct parts and detail and re-primed everything. I also noticed that the original pylon covers on the wings were held on with really small set screws, so I added those as well. Last but not least, I got my hands on a small (non screen used) TIE fighter built by an ILM employee with the correct blue paint and was able to have it color matched. So with the correct color in hand I re-sprayed my now "totally finished" bomber. I really like the new color, however in the photos I took it ended up looking a lot more grey than blue. In person it looks a lot bluer. Also if you look at my cut away bomber that color looks a lot better in the pictures and it's the same paint. So on with the pictures.

IMG_2820B_zpsgfgkdke2.jpg

IMG_2819B_zpszfpecwyf.jpg

IMG_2816B_zpslkupqvlp.jpg

IMG_2808B_zpslnkhjk6k.jpg

IMG_2803B_zpsmgfsn0lc.jpg

IMG_2787B_zpsh3liljgu.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2820B_zpsgfgkdke2.jpg
    IMG_2820B_zpsgfgkdke2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2819B_zpszfpecwyf.jpg
    IMG_2819B_zpszfpecwyf.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2816B_zpslkupqvlp.jpg
    IMG_2816B_zpslkupqvlp.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2808B_zpslnkhjk6k.jpg
    IMG_2808B_zpslnkhjk6k.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2803B_zpsmgfsn0lc.jpg
    IMG_2803B_zpsmgfsn0lc.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2787B_zpsh3liljgu.jpg
    IMG_2787B_zpsh3liljgu.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
To be even more accurate you could drill a hole in the center bar/tube on the cockpit side and run 2 electrical wires though it ,i think a red one and a blue one,but i am not sure.
Nevertheless a really nice build man.

Fantastic build, looks amazing. And the cut-away bomber just takes it to another level!
BTW, do you remember what the diameters of the 4 steps for the wing roots were/are?

My favorite SW ship that I have yet to finish (waiting to learn/buy machining equipment). If it isn't too much trouble, I would be forever grateful if you would be kind enough to sell me a color card so I can get the paint matched. No worries if you can't. Your build is awesome and Al did a fantastic job IDing those wing bits! Thanks!

Joe

Yea they suck alot ! Sorry about the rant. These forums have been ruined by these greedy slobs. There is real art work that is not seen because of these stupid photo sites. Thanks for replacing the pics. I've been looking at my threads and doing the same. Cheers,

Joe

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back