ST:TNG Geordi's visor.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Mr. Burton did not post the message. Somebody else just sent the link to him, it doesn't mean he has seen it:

http://twitter.com/omicron22/status/10160772286

Yep, that was me. I follow him on Twitter and thought I would share the project with him. I hope he has seen it and appreciates it. Hope no one minds.

Oops, my bad. :unsure

I don't tweet so I must've read it wrong. I claim ignorance! :lol

Hey! It's March 2010 as I send this. I would like to have a good one of these, that I could display in a collection. $$$ within reason $500-$800. Has anyone got the capability to provide this? Please get back to me via regular e-mail @ hank1701@yahoo.com or a message in this forum. I can certainly Paypal funding.

Thanks!

Hey! It's March 2010 as I send this. I would like to have a good one of these, that I could display in a collection. $$$ within reason $500-$800. Has anyone got the capability to provide this? Please get back to me via regular e-mail @ hank1701@yahoo.com or a message in this forum. I can certainly Paypal funding.

Thanks!

Well, since it's now 2011, I'm guessing your sending this from your time machine. :lol

Anyways, there is a run going on in the junkward right now. (it's actually the second run, since this thread was posted, last year.) And it will cost you a lot less then the prices you posted. (unless your not willing to put it together yourself, then you would have to buy the kit, and then pay someone to build it up for you, and that could cost a bit, but it still shouldn't be any where close to $500.- $800. )

I'm doing the run, but the search is giving me grief or I'd post a link.

Kit's run only $150 for an all metal version, and you probably could find someone to build one for another $150-200 at most.

Gregg

i know im a new member but i was just researching how to make this when i came upon the thread and forum. i would love one to build for my brother for when he comes home from Iraq.

There still is. I want to suit up in my stormtrooper costume, grow a goatee, don my Kyle Katarn bryar pistol and wear these just to mess with every sci fi geek available.

Resurrecting an old thread here rather than start a new one for a detail possibly already documented.

Found a detail not, at least that I know of, noted before, possibly a variation. You can clearly see a mesh, similar to a nylon window screen painted gold behind the brass tubing/rods. Anyone else noted this detail and or seen it posted anywhere?

Season 2: Episode 16.

I only have the DVD versions of the TNG series. Over the years I've poured over the episodes looking for great shots of props, like many of us have. BUT, knowing the production quality of the videos I didn't bother to purchase the Blue-ray releases... After seeing a few screencap sites with Blue-ray caps of TNG, I think I'll pop for it.

ojhzkh.jpg

Ok, we'll, it's 2013 now and man do I wish I found this thread years ago. I love what you guys are doing here. I'm sure it's old news for you, you've probably had one of the visors forever now, but damn I want one! If anyone has the final specs, I'd love a copy, thanks!

Re. the mesh. There's an article on the Ex Astris Scientia website.
Relevant text:
It seems the inside of Geordi's VISOR was covered with some metallic mesh for this close-up, maybe in order to hide his otherwise visible normal eyes. When the VISOR was seen up close in "Elementary, Dear Data", the mesh was not present. It is also not seen in a later scene in this episode when Geordi is not seen as close up as in the earlier scene in the corridor.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back