First Ever Official RPF Group Build - IT HAS BEGUN...

Here's a few of my lunar module INTREPID from Apollo 12, ascent stage only. The descent stage is still on the bench. She has scratchbuilt radars, hatches, windows, and some of the sides were rebuilt with styrene card. The foil is from a candy supply company, which you can find on any candy supplier internet site. Each of the rivets is cut into the paint with a small drill bit. She's still a work in progress but, getting there. She's a study model for my paintings. Enjoy.

Feel free to post here :cool. I'm not really a stickler for deadlines; just would be nice if all the people who showed interest, would actually do something.

-Fred

Ok. I have the Revell 1/144, so it's just going to be OOB with my accurized paint job.

Here's a few of my lunar module INTREPID from Apollo 12, ascent stage only. The descent stage is still on the bench. She has scratchbuilt radars, hatches, windows, and some of the sides were rebuilt with styrene card. The foil is from a candy supply company, which you can find on any candy supplier internet site. Each of the rivets is cut into the paint with a small drill bit. She's still a work in progress but, getting there. She's a study model for my paintings. Enjoy.

Very nice job on that, BB (y)cool. Love the scratchbuilt details.

Maybe we should include all space vehicles?

We voted to keep this build project to real-life space vehicles. The reason being was that there are so many sci-fi themed builds in this forum, we wanted a place for lovers of real space, to be able to show their work.

-Fred

So the kit came...and now I want to cry. I've never made a model kit before so please don't expect anything to look like it's supposed to :confused

modelkit.jpg

Go slow and ask questions :cool.

And remeber to read the instructions, all the way through, before cutting anything off the trees.

And be sure to post pics of your progress.

-Fred

I had to read the instructions to find out why there were so many astronauts included :ninja

I've learned that my fingers need to go on a diet :lol

imageoned.jpg

Looking good so far :thumbsup.

You should look into getting an assortment of tweezers. They make manipulating smaller parts, so much easier. Once I started using tweezers, I stopped getting gluey fingerprints on everything :lol.

-Fred

Are we too late to join this build. I have a 1/72 shuttle and 1/96 Saturn v kits sitting in boxes. Seeing as the finish date has been put back to December this could motivate me into some builds.

Go for it, JM. People seem to trickle into this build, so I'm in no rush to close it. Just glad to see people have interests other than sci-fi :cool

-Fred

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back