Punisher 1989 Props - Skull Daggers!

i am in high gear with the kurgan suitcase but the knife is pretty close to making a real world knife... if any one is interested i can do a run on the junkyard

I really hope I've got the money when that time comes. Youve got quite a few impressive props under your belt and it would be an honor to have something from you!

Dolph punishes the guilty!

attachment.php

Any Crossbow experts aboard?

Awesome photo. Never seen it at such high resolution. Anyone find any updates or info on the boots Dolph wears? I'm sure they were customized, but on an existing boot. But I've yet to find any boots that resembles the ones he wears. They look and most likely are a type of Motocross boot but that's just my guess based on the screenshots I have studied.

Cool to see you back on the project!

I'd give the skull another pass though. At the very least I'd push the eye sockets out to the sides a bit more. A little more dimensionality.

skull-dagger.jpg

Can't wait to see this thing come to life in steel. :)

Dolph approves.
The-Punisher_71bbef1e.jpg

Cool. Just shows you how much I know about metal fabrication.

What did you come up with for the total length of the knife? I still never sat down with photoshop and figured it out.

I can't figure out how the original is put together. Are the grips on the handle just grooved metal plates?

Also were you able to figure out what the "seams" on the skull were from? Did they layer sheets of metal to create it?
punisher-1989-props-skull-daggers-punisher4.png-111036d1346560957

Weird visual artifacts.

So I have been doing some heavy research trying to discover the origins of the boots worn by Dolph in the film. It's been quite difficult and I have discovered a two vintage pairs that are very similar in style, but would require heavy customizing on the soles, straps and facial covers. Which leads me to believe I've yet to discover the actual boots used. Also I believe I have discovered the pants used by Dolph in the film, which are actually Dungarees/Overalls also customized. One questionable thing about the ones I found is the knee pads, but they are extremely similar. Before researching any further I'm going to obtain some much higher resolution screencaps of the ending sequence at the Yakuza tower, which is the only time the boots are shown without the leather gaiters covering them.

Anyhow, feel free to weigh in on what I've discovered as I continue to try and solve a costume mystery that has been going for several years.

Screencaps of the boots with the gaiters and without:

The boots I came across:

The pants/overalls:

Thanks man. Being a big fan of the 89' Punisher film I'm surprised I never put that together beyond always thinking their costumes were very similar in concept, but forgot the fact they were both shot in Australia in the 80's. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, the whole costume is constructed using all vintage items, some a bit old even being used in 88/89. But I agree with you on the customizing though with such little information on this particular costume makes it an even bigger challenge locating the items used filtering what's been little and heavily customized. This has been a pet project for a long time as I mentioned and I still haven't nailed it. Even with the overall/pants being customized it seems they only removed the top portion but this is questionable after re-watching the film last night, I noticed in the torture scene the pants indeed have straps still attached but appear to be much thinner than the ones I came across, easily another customized detail. I am convinced however they were removed before shooting the Yakuza tower scenes, considering they would be very noticeable under the tight shirt Dolph is wearing unlike the rest of the film where the jacket and button down shirt he wears could easily hide the straps. Not to mention the belt/harness he wears the entire film.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back