Punisher 1989 Props - Skull Daggers!

Re: Punisher 1989 Props - Dagger and Pistol

As a comics kid it infuriated me that they didn't have the skull, micro, and the cool villains but now as an adult I can just see it as great 80's style action movie.
i remember reading in a magazine that the skull was going to be used on the chest at the end of the film, but the producers thought it was too corny...

Love the dagger.To bad theres not a Internet Movie Knife Data Base IMKDB:cry

Reminds me of a bayonet. You would think of all people here, the guy with the punisher as his name would know lol.

i love all the punisher films course im a bit bias being i am die hard punisher fan =/ as for the pistol it looks like the barrel extension to the desert eagle is custom shroud of some sort just welded or jb quicked to the bottom half of the gun as for the knife i have seen on a occassion them pop up on ebay dont know who makes them but check ebay from time to time you may be able to score one

The only thing I really hardcore hated about war zone was loony bin jim. I hated his stupid 4 year old baby talk lisp, his stupid applesauce joke set the pace for the entire character. And they expect me to believe a crazy thug can out hand to hand a trained marine? Take away him and the whole speech jigsaw gave and it was a pretty alright movie. I appreciated that they kept Frank a badass marine and not some undercover cop like Thomas Jane as well as liked how they kept the death of his family true to the comic. Unlike the earlier movie he didn't adopt a group of misfits as friends, but rather had moles in the police force.

i remember reading in a magazine that the skull was going to be used on the chest at the end of the film, but the producers thought it was too corny...

The producers for the '89 film were also complaining about "Dolph's "look" and suggested that he should get a tan.

:rolleyes

All of the Punisher films have some good moments, but they haven't got it right yet.

A few suggestions for the next one.

The Punisher belongs in NYC, not Tampa of Sydney, pretending to be NYC. Film the movie in NYC.

He needs a Battlevan. In War Zone, he just walked around out in the open, in costume.

Italian mobsters make the best bad guys for the Punisher, so maybe try that again.

I like the Micro character, just not the one portrayed in War Zone. Try it again.

These are the best screen caps I have right now.

CAP291.jpg

CAP443.jpg

CAP43999.jpg

21.jpg

I know there are better images in the flick though.

Nick

Hmmm, looks like there are leather leggings wrapped around the tall strapped biker boots. These cover up the straps on the boots themselves and hold a skull dagger on the side of each boot.

Some thing like this with built in knife sheaths.
leather20leggings.jpg

Nick

They are a motocross racing boot. Brand I can't tell yet, but they have the extra leather over the toe cap that boots like that always have.

Not the right boot, but has all the hallmarks that show the similarities

Classic Motocross Boot

I agree there's a cuff over the boot where you see the dagger, but it's not in all the pictures.

Hmmm, looks like there are leather leggings wrapped around the tall strapped biker boots. These cover up the straps on the boots themselves and hold a skull dagger on the side of each boot.

leather20leggings.jpg

Nick

These are pretty close if the metal plates were removed. Alpinestar Hi-Points.

787637_com_boots027.jpg

leather20leggings.jpg

Nick

Where did you find those leggings? Any chance they were for sale?

I just image searched Leather Leggings on Google I think.

They are also called "Gaiters". Lots of them on ebay and military surplus sites if I remember correctly.

Nick

You know, Dolph had a pretty cool costume, if not for the lack of 'skull'. I mean the other elements do look like they're out of the comic book

Having just finished the final issue of PunisherMAX...
SPOILERS at the bottom *
...I would really love a Punisher movie that takes Viet Nam into account. In PunisherMAX, they do just that- and yet the story takes place in the present. This makes Frank about 65 years old in the final issue (MAX was going on for a few years). Might sound 'too old' but just look at The Expendables. Frank was BADASS.
My favorite parts in the comic were the flashbacks to the 70's which showed a young Punisher. THAT'S what I want in a movie. One way or another, whether they make the movie in the 70's, or in the present with flashbacks as in the comic, they have to include Frank's tour in 'Nam. It's a huge factor in the character

k4C0ExZermg6eibsfG07rHrDo1_400.jpg

*Castle dies. For REAL.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back