Star Trek Exhibit in San Jose

Whiskey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm going to the Star Trek Exhibit in San Jose next weekend to check out some of their props with my brother-in-law. I understand they have the large Enterprise D Model there, which is one of the main reasons im attending.:)

If anyone wants specific pics of anything there, let me know.

Here's the site:
http://www.thetech.org/StarTrek/?gclid=COj38bL_kKACFQMsawodmQ_tcw

Also heres a 30 minute video of the exhibit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAnVKAAB6o

Edit: I read on the website "No photography is allowed", but Ive heard numerous cases of people taking pics anyways. Wish me luck!!

In case you did not know, you can get a 20% group discount by going to http://tickets.thetech.org/account and use the promotion code "boldlygo"

TheTech also accepts the AAA/CSAA discount.

The room is dimly lit and the Ent-D is illuminated from above, so you will only be able to photograph the top and aft sections.

As for the "large Enterprise D", it is the smaller version (4 footer) that is on display.

I'm going to the Star Trek Exhibit in San Jose next weekend to check out some of their props with my brother-in-law. I understand they have the large Enterprise D Model there, which is one of the main reasons im attending.:)
Edit: I read on the website "No photography is allowed", but Ive heard numerous cases of people taking pics anyways. Wish me luck!!

Standing on the transporter pad set with my wife and son and getting our picture taken was stoopid fun.

I really enjoyed the models and seeing all the add-ons and retrofits they did when re-using models. They had Worf's suit from FIRST CONTACT with the lamest vacuformed insert for the visor I've ever seen. That can't possibly have been original, but it was nice to get close to, even so.

When we went, the guards were pretty vigilant. I pulled out my phone to answer it when it buzzed and a burly guy came over to say "no pictures" but veered off when he saw I was actually using the phone in the manner in which God intended. :)

It's a shame the Vegas Star Trek exp closed down at the Hilton. Read that they might open it back up in the new city center complex..

It was overpriced, but kind of cool. A lot of the TOS stuff was not original (duh) but overall worth going to.
See my current avatar pic. Photo packages were very expensive as well. I had to buy two pics, no matter what. Extortionists. And it took longer to wait in the photo line than to see the exhibit.
I would see the whole thing, then run back and shoot as many pics as I could before security kicked me out. And they were extremely vigilant.

I did not know about the no camera rule beforehand, so I had brought my digital slr to shoot though glass with no flash. No spy shooting with that thing.

Last edited:
@dbuck: Can you post some pics for the Trekkers living in the other parts of the world? That would be very nice, thank you :)

Never got any. Went on without knowing the no cameras rule and all I had was a huge SLR. No sneaking pics with that one. At least two guards in everysection, and I saw someone try to sneak a pic, and the guard walked over and deleted all their pics.
Had I known I'd have brought my sneaky camera.

Never got any. Went on without knowing the no cameras rule and all I had was a huge SLR. No sneaking pics with that one. At least two guards in everysection, and I saw someone try to sneak a pic, and the guard walked over and deleted all their pics.
Had I known I'd have brought my sneaky camera.

That's why I have a spy cam pen :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back