My Vader Reveal

Tom1971

Sr Member
This is my Vader Reveal. I made it out of a Rubies standard plastic helmet
It's not perfect but I think it is pretty nice. It took about a year. the interior of the upper half is made up by me as I did not like the interior of the real one. The neck seal is not finished. I have the parts but have not put them on yet. This is a fully wearable mask. the top half and dome secure on. I hope everyone likes it.

I know everything that is not exactly right as I spent an incredible amount of time building and researching this so no need to point out things that are wrong. :love

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

I was looking at the kit sskunky was working on offering. I wish I had that when I was working on mine.

Anywho I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be helpful to post some tips I had written out and posted over at the sith training temple????

When I was building my reveal it was one of only two places to get good info on the reveal.

Last edited:
I gotta say i was ready to laugh when I opened this thread...

That is frakkin amazing dude! It may not be 100% Screen accurate. But impressive isnt enough to describe the difference from an out of the box rubies...

Deffinately the BEST rubies helmet I've seen! KUDOS!

So...how much to convert my Rubies???

For you to build it? Less than $500.

For me to build it for you??? $25,000 plus materials:lol

This is not something I would want to do again. When I built this thing I had no children and lots of time. I now have a 21 month old and my wife is baking 002 as we speak. He or she has a few more months in the oven.

There is no more time:cry

Plus as cool as prop making is playing with my little guy is better

I gotta say i was ready to laugh when I opened this thread...

That is frakkin amazing dude! It may not be 100% Screen accurate. But impressive isnt enough to describe the difference from an out of the box rubies...

Deffinately the BEST rubies helmet I've seen! KUDOS!

Thanks for the very nice words. It came out pretty good. The problem with a prop like this is by the time you finish you have learned exactly what to do and what not to do. If you were to make another one you could make it even better but you really don't need two and other projects are waiting.

Thanks again

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back