Rambo First Blood Props

Raven1973

Well, they may have already been in situ for the movie, but they were still featured so here they are guys. These are seen when Stallone runs up the side of the mountain, and stumbles into a junkyard, which was actually found while filming, so Stallone decided to add it to the movie, which in turn, this is where Stallone finds that tarp which he wears for a good part of the movie. The junkyard which is situated on Burke mountain in BC, had been lost since 1981, and a friend found it about 7 months ago. As our other friend Herve Attia, was making part 4 to his On Te Set Of First Blood filming locations documentary which can be seen on youtube, I and Herve travelled to BC to film the location, as we also did for the Delmar Berry property location (which can be seen in the intro of the movie). These places were full of bears, and the junkyard was very hard to get to, having to cross a strong running stream, which was only 2 feet from the edge of a sheer drop. But we made it, and I came back with all manner keepsakes, which have been lost for all these years, and were featured in the movie.

The first being the actual junkyard truck handle that Stallone uses to open the truck door with. The second was the steering wheel from the truck (big problems getting that darn thing off), power cable from the same 18 wheeler trailer, which Stallone uses on his tarp, and finally a piece of bark from around the clothes line hook on the Delmar Berry tree, and a roof tile from the building which stallone walks past when we first see him at the start of the movie. Maybe these are not big things, but to a devote First Blood fan, its like gold dust to me. :)

movieroad1.jpg

Picture013.jpg

img002.jpg

tytyey5rtyy.jpg

This is also a cop jacket which was actually worn by one of the actors in the movie. This is a scene of us recreating the Galt death scene, on the same rock as in the movie.

me-2.jpg

The door handle Stallone uses to open the truck.

Photo0231.jpg

The cable which was taken from the same trailer as Stallone used for the movie tarp.

SP_A0772.jpg

2009junkyardscene-1.jpg

The truck as it looks now...minus a few bits and bobs. ;-)

JYTruck9e.jpg

JYtruck2e.jpg

The trailer which Stallone runs into to get the power cable for his tarp.

junkyardRambogetsstringe.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a home video of when we entered the junkyard for the first time, please bare in mind that this is not the documentary, just a dodgey video I took with my phone. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxENbHZ2YY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkYZ_WhgGHE

And a few more pics of the truck and the trailer.

jy1.jpg

jy2.jpg

jy3.jpg

jy4.jpg

jy5.jpg

Here is part 4 where Iam featured. I dont know what the rules are on youtube clips, so if this is wrong to post clips, I apologise to the Mod's, and feel free to remove. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1iRRm0UrI

Last edited:
"Company Leader to Raven. Come in Raven."

Great stuff! One of Stallones best films and a personal favorite of mine. Several years ago when I showed it to my girlfriend who'd never seen it before she sort of laughed when I went to put it in, thinking it would be a total bomb with Stallone as "Rambo". All she'd seen was some parts of Rambo 3. After it was over she was like, "Wow. That was actually a really good movie." I've probably seen it over 100 times, easy.

"Company Leader to Raven. Come in Raven."

Great stuff! One of Stallones best films and a personal favorite of mine. Several years ago when I showed it to my girlfriend who'd never seen it before she sort of laughed when I went to put it in, thinking it would be a total bomb with Stallone as "Rambo". All she'd seen was some parts of Rambo 3. After it was over she was like, "Wow. That was actually a really good movie." I've probably seen it over 100 times, easy.

Thanks for the insight buddy. It is definitely the best of the 4 movies, with part 5 shortly into production too. This movie is not only the most realistic of the 4, it shows that Sly like Pachino doesnt need much dialog to steal a scene, and he like Pachino can easily get away with just facial expressions. I must have seen this movie easily in the high hundreds, as Im a sad git, and know the movie word for word, the Mrs hates it, when I say the dialog when its playing lol. That mine scene is just brilliant, "Covey Leader, calling Raven, come in Raven" just brilliant! :)

Fantastic... I'm amazed that stuff was still there, after all these years!!

So were we pal, but if you were to see where the place is, you would understand why...as we basically had to risk our necks to get there, and its in such a remote part of BC. To begin with, we had to enter the mountain trail via a shooting range, as the other way, was over a down hill river which was so violent, it was a definate no no, as Scott went over it during the summer months, when it wasnt as violent. The shooting range way, was guarded by a security guard, who initially said no to Scott, so I spoke up, and said "Well I have flown all the way from the UK on a straight 9hrs flight, to get to the mountain, and would you let us pass just this one time?" and believe it or not, my talk to him with the British accent got us through. ;-)

Watch the film.
What does Mister Crenna say?

I always personally thought he said "Cubby leader" but that makes no sense what-so-ever. Dont bother with the subtilts as they are complete rubbish, and inacurrate. Covey Leader is indeed the correct term. Its rubbish I know, but there we have it. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back