Where to find a Baroness (Rise of Cobra) Body Suit?

Ponte

For any Dented Helmet members on this board, this is Ponte here, working on a custom Mando that me and my girlfriend are making concept art for. For all the other Replica Prop Forum members on this board, as a first post, I'd like to say it's a pleasure to be a member on this awesome board. I've seen a lot of the really detailed costumes on this site, and am REALLY impressed with the level of skill and dedication the members display here.

I'll cut right to it. Me and Brittney have been desperately trying to find an exact replica/reproduction of the GI Joe: Rise of Cobra "catsuit" that the Baroness wears for the base of her custom Mando. She's in love with it:

gi_joe44.jpg

The concept is of a Covert/Tactical/Stealth Mando capable of infiltration. We plan on outfitting her with the obligatory Mando battle affects (Mando helmet, armor, and Jaing head symbol).

Is there ANYONE/place, that makes a fairly accurate replica of this costume? If so, what price would I possibly be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to sharing ideas with people on this board, and Brittney's really excited to start putting together her Mando.

Seems a bit...cheap? The material looks very flimsy, and the pattern and cut is definitely very off. I don't think it would make quite a good base, but thank you for the suggestion!

I'm hoping there's some sort of production company/vendor that makes high quality replicas of the suit. REALLY hoping its not one of those "one of a kind" deals where the only thing available is the actual movie suit. Doubt I'd be able to afford that, lol.

I would guess that it was custom designed and tailored for the movie. The suggestion made above is a good base to start with, but however you approach it, you're going to have to custom tailor whatever you start with in order to look right. Bodies are all different, and for a leather/vinyl/latex catsuit to look right, it's got to be made to fit the intended wearer.

Plus all the trim and detail is custom work on this will have to be recreated, it's not an off-the-shelf suit as it appears on screen.

Sienna Miller said on a talk show the other day that she was basically sewn into it and that she started gaining weight after discovering 'breakfast burritos' and then they had to put in spandex panels so the mid-section would stretch.

Because of the nature of this piece and the way it's suppose to fit, I'm afraid a custom made-to-measure suit may be the only way to go.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back