Wolfman 2010 'wolf cane' cap

this is being made by Battexan over at the LOH and i wanted to show it off, its a really cool and detailed cap. i know the plan is to make it cold cast but i was thinking also about aluminum or silver bronze casting... im waiting for new pictures and will show them as they come...
wolfman_poster_m.jpg

10closeup.jpg

8closeup.jpg

9closeup.jpg

I saw the movie today; the angle in that shot of the actual cane is misleading. You don't really get any good looks at the cane in the film, but there was one shot where it showed the "handle" section (behind the ears) was long enough for it to be used as an actual cane rather than simple decoration. That sculpt is a nice start, but the handle section is too short.

BTW, I occasionally use a cane because of back problems. If someone were to produce a functional version of this cane (i.e., not simply a display item) I would be very interested.

Last edited:
I saw the movie today; the angle in that shot of the actual cane is misleading. You don't really get any good looks at the cane in the film, but there was one shot where it showed the "handle" section (behind the ears) was long enough for it to be used as an actual cane rather than simple decoration. That sculpt is a nice start, but the handle section is too short.

BTW, I occasionally use a cane because of back problems. If someone were to produce a functional version of this cane (i.e., not simply a display item) I would be very interested.
I was about to mention the 'neck length' thing as well.

The proportions for everything else on the cane top sculpt look to be right- it's just the wolf needs a longer neck and it'll be perfect!

i just got these pics in, Battexan extended the neck and re-did some of the detail, making it more movie related.. i think we are going to start with a resin handle, aged, more for a display piece, and also a cold cast nickle silver version. i am going to take mine and send it to see about wax or sand casting in aircraft alluminum... i will start an interest thread in the junkyard, we want to get a run of 10 and start the next versions...
1_l_front.jpg

5_with_hand.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

Am new to RPF thus unable to post in Junkyard but would be interested in cold cast nickel silver cane. Or possibly even a SOLID SILVER cane cap if it were to become available.

I was about to mention the 'neck length' thing as well.

The proportions for everything else on the cane top sculpt look to be right- it's just the wolf needs a longer neck and it'll be perfect!

I've found a few pics from various sources that illustrate the above point...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back