Sons of Anarchy Jacket

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heres the deal. I'm a firefighter and every year we take part in a chairty event called The Mustache Bash. A bunch of local area firefighters participate in best mustache growing contest. Well you need a costume so I figured mustache = biker? Any who I decided to roll with the SAMCRO idea.

The Biker is a great idea. I say go for it... Just not a fictional Outlaw motorcycle Club.

I hate to be a killjoy, mate (coz they look expensive), but please please please please please BE VERY CAREFUL where you wear that. I'd even suggest doing the whole Biker thing, but without the SoA patches.

There's a LOT of **** flying round the biker world with people wearing SoA cuts.
Basically wearing a 3-piece Backpatch is announcing to the world that you're a 1%er/Outlaw biker. The real ones take this VERY seriously and having the lower rocker on is a claim to territory.

Most do know about the show, but they view anyone wearing a cut to be nothing more than a poser. Same as wearing a full dress uniform with medals, when you've not even served.

They will see this as a challenge and they will take action.

You might be lucky and they'll just ask you politely (but firmly) to remove it.
Or, they might kick you in and rip it off you... maybe even worse. They take years to earn their Patches and they take the display of such in deadly seriousness.

There's been a lot of hassle over people wearing fake cuts off eBay - Note that Fox refuse to licence the patches for this very reason.

So yeah - Biker = Excellent.
Fake Patches = Very big No-No.

This should be fine.
Just wanted to be safe ;)

Just don't wear it out in public - "We'd have to send a search party out to find your testicles"!! :lol

I considered doing an SoA outfit for a con, myself.
Then I saw how much a Screen Accurate cut would have cost me!!

I actually just bought a cheap jacket and bought a SOA shirt of eBay and trimmed off the rockers. pretty simple! I wouldn't wear this out to the grocery store or bar but a con or COSTUME party I see NO problem with it.

Last edited:
Okay as a person who is a huge SoA fan, as well as a person who knows multiple Hells Angels through association or indirectly, and a person who has met Happy, the real hells angel on SoA who happens to be from my general home town, the whole Hells Angel endangering the lives of people wearing SoA apparel or vests is either a very localized or miniscule problem. Most real bikers like them would not threaten their business or freedom (jail) over a person who is mimicking a TV show for a costume party, especially a TV show that is loosely based of their club, and also a very watered down ***** version of their club lol. Albeit HA members can be complete dicks, so long as you do not go out of your way to throw anything in their face or disrespect them they are usually of no bother to general people having a decent time. Though alcohol can greatly influence this on both sides of the spectrum.

as a biker myself, i really wouldn't worry about wearing a SOA vest/jacket/shirt
i mean they sell all of that stuff at your local Harley dealership and among real bikers its kind of a joke and a way to spot tourists and wannabes (people who rent a bike for bikeweek and such)
no one i know would ever try to threaten or hurt anyone wearing a SOA patch/vest/jacket. because again, everyone knows its a tv show, and everyone knows that unless you are going to a costume party, wearing one is slightly lame. so really the worst thing you need to be worried about is getting laughed at (that goes for real 1%ers too)

seen as you are useing it for a charity ride / contest there will be no issues, no 1% is gonna bash a guy on a charity ride dressed as a fictional charecter

just dont go to the locl outlaw club house or hang out they probably wont bash you but they will almost definitely make you take it off if not hand it over but hey you a firefighter you a tough guy roll the dice i say

You should be good given the circumstances. I'm watching SoA currently lol!

I ride as well, woo! for all the riders on the RPF!

I wear this all over the place even out with my wife and kid.. mostly because I spent close to $300 dollars by the time I finished doing alterations on the leather so it fit me.. i don't give a crap what people think because I love the show... and I'm not pretending to be a biker, I just think it came out badass and I love it.. Also I made this a jacket and not a CUT for the purpose of not pissing off real bikers.. and well I live in new england so I dont thin territory is an issue

edit.jpg

dmonighan - NICE work on the jacket. BUT, a couple posters above are absolutely correct. Civilians should NOT wear MC patches (real or otherwise) with top and bottom rockers. Licensed SOA gear will only have the center patch or the patch and the TOP rocker. If you see SOA stuff with top and bottom rockers, it's NOT LICENSED Kurt Sutter and the SOA and F/X team understand the culture, and don't violate the rules.

I wouldn't worry about 81 (Hells Angels) messing with you if you DO make this mistake, but there are bunches of other smaller clubs who may. SOA has some unofficial ties with HA. A few members like Happy and Rusty have appeared on the show, and Lenny "the pimp" Jancowitz is a Son serving a life sentence. He's played by legendary Angel Sonny Barger. He's the guy with the trach valve who both Clay and Jax have visited in prison, and who met with Otto (played by SOA creator Kurt Sutter) in the prison infirmary.

Nice job with the jacket, but please don't wear it in public unless you remove the bottom rocker.

Great jobs on the jackets! While I wouldn't wear a cut for fear of upsetting anyone, I have a tshirt from the show which I think is low key enough.

Now, I completely understand wearing this sort of thing in public, but I had a question.

Say I make a screen accurate cut, but I wear it for a con in Miami, FL. I'm planning on making Chibs. I'll have the goatee, the leather jacket underneath AND the face scars. Do you think this would still be a problem? Even if I went for a very specific "character" and wasn't claiming it "myself."

am I wrong or are the CHOPT UP cuts without the pocket seen on the show - I am interested in getting one of the screen accurate cuts they used

Sorry think you misunderstood - am looking to buy the same jacket they used on the show. I have the production made patches which were spares not used on the show, so want to make a very accurate cut

Steve

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back