Old magazines for showcase

roninjapan

HI!
I remodeling my house and preparing my home theather room and thinking to display some of my toys and maybe create like a mural with old photos and magazine articles from my fave movies..searching i found some really old magazines and cinema program books..check it out!

i believe can be nice have some stuff from the days movies was out.

if anyone have any good ideas to do it with this material..maybe some props and pictures togueter..no sure...anyway..thanks for looking and sorry for my terrible english.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30075062@N02/sets/72157623361304766/

Fun idea! Some of those images are fantastic, wish I could get my hands on more Japanese film and sf magazines and programs.

The first thing I thought of was to present things chronologically, a history of fantastic and fx cinema.

Or a layout that looks sort of like a railway line map, years/lines pointing out to different projects, or connecting them by who worked on them etc, too? Lots you could do.

I've also though that it would be cool to display kits with bits that go into making them as well, even raw sprues with easily identifiable parts. I'm sure folks here will have some cool vehicle display ideas.

Best of luck with the project.

Last edited:
Thanks..i gonna try upload more pictures...the true is that this kind of old magazines are great...

they are difficult to find but maybe i can try to help someone else that is looking for a specific movie article for his display in exchange for something else..i have no interest on selling or making money but can be cool as exchange :cool

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back