My Rambo First Blood Part 2 Rambo 3 Compound Bow Display.

Raven1973

Just a bit of fun really. Not 100% screen accurate, as I adapted a cheap compound bow, and merged the look of the Hoyt Spectra (Rambo 2 movie bow) with the Hoyt Pro Vantage FPS Plus (Rambo 3 bow). It dosent have the screen used Omega wheels either, like I said, it was a cheap bow, which I adapted, as I couldnt afford to pay out $1000's for a accurate copy. Sorry for the poor video quality too. The light stick does work (blue neon inside) but the camera cant handle it, and it shows quite brightly on camera, so thats why its been turned off for the video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcqZCJXhtV4

Where can $1000 copies can be found on the web ?

Thanks.

No, you misunderstand, there were I think 12 screen accurate copies made, and when they do surface they fetch $1000's not $1000, if they were only $1000 I would have had them lol.

Since you are a big Rambo fan, i guess you want to take a look at this....
This is a 1:1 bust

rambocapa4.jpg

rambo1-1.jpg

rambo3.jpg

Just a bit of fun really. Not 100% screen accurate, as I adapted a cheap compound bow, and merged the look of the Hoyt Spectra (Rambo 2 movie bow) with the Hoyt Pro Vantage FPS Plus (Rambo 3 bow). It dosent have the screen used Omega wheels either, like I said, it was a cheap bow, which I adapted, as I couldnt afford to pay out $1000's for a accurate copy. Sorry for the poor video quality too. The light stick does work (blue neon inside) but the camera cant handle it, and it shows quite brightly on camera, so thats why its been turned off for the video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcqZCJXhtV4

Need to apologize for the music..I thought I was at a Jar's of Clay concert. " I'm a little teapot " would be good too. j/k

Awesome display and a great collection!

Thanks mate
Like with all of my displays, its funds that are the issue here, but I love creating this stuff. Ive been really lucky in the fact that what had initially planned in my head, came out exactly how I had planned them, or even better...with hardly any compromise.....that isnt always the case with me though. lol

Somehow I managed to accidentally delete the first video, so made another. Will have to make another in daylight, as quality is poor. Not exact at all, just a bit of fun, I made this a number of years ago. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
THe monitor showcasing the prop is a great idea. Fun way to show off the object as it was used in the movie. I'm interested in how your video setup is done too.

Hi, the digital picture frame was bought from ebay about 6 years ago. I added a larger SD card, so it could play video. The video is the 'Suiting up' featurette on the Rambo tin slip Special Edition DVD. I really need to take a proper video of the display, as this video dosent do it justice at all. :)

Hi, the digital picture frame was bought from ebay about 6 years ago. I added a larger SD card, so it could play video. The video is the 'Suiting up' featurette on the Rambo tin slip Special Edition DVD. I really need to take a proper video of the display, as this video dosent do it justice at all. :)

Hi Raven ,
very cool , did you remember the brand \ model # of your digital picture frame you purchased on ebay and what we need to do ?
we have to puchase larger SD card and how work the installation of it in the digital frame ??
did ALL the SD card brand can work ?
please explain a step by step method :)

- - - Updated - - -

also , whats the exact size in inchs of your own digital frame ?

It seems our friend madmax68 was actually our old friend and constant source of Entertainment SolidSnake.

He was "interested" in my bows and I had no idea who he was but then he got obnoxious and once again claimed that, by my sharing info I discovered about Rambo props that I have personally caused a global price drop in the price of Rambo props. Since that sounded very familiar I knew who he really was.

What is it with this guy??

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back