Babylon 5 - The Book of G'Quan

nimitzbrood

Anybody have any good shots or details on this? I wouldn't mind making one of these to have on my bookshelf next to other "holy" books. ;-)

These are the only ones I have. I can't even remember where I got them.

I always loved the way they designed this prop. It appears that they spent a lot of time on it (for something that didn't have that much screen-time).

That is indeed the Book of G'Kar not the Book of G'Quan.

Unfortunately JMS owns that and is not going to give it up for detailed study any time soon. Though those pics show quite a bit of detail that would allow a reasonable copy.

From what I've been able to determine he might have given the original Book of G'Quan to Andreas Katsulas as a gift when he did his initial prop cleanout at his home.

I wonder if contacting JMS now so many years later would result in at least being able to copy the book if he still has it.

Unfortunately JMS owns that and is not going to give it up for detailed study any time soon. Though those pics show quite a bit of detail that would allow a reasonable copy.

:lol Uncle Joe would sell it to you if he still had it! :lol

Actually those are e-bay pics when Joe sold that a few years ago.

:lol Uncle Joe would sell it to you if he still had it! :lol

Actually those are e-bay pics when Joe sold that a few years ago.

Damn! Where was I looking when I was still employed and that went on sale! ;-)

I have to wonder now though what happened to the Book of G'Quan then...

Damn! Where was I looking when I was still employed and that went on sale! ;-)

I have to wonder now though what happened to the Book of G'Quan then...

Maybe Andy K. or rather his family does have that as I too heard it was a gift to him.

Don`t forget you have to write each letter bu hand in the same style. Could be a LONG project on the Book of G`Quan & no doubt the Book of G`kar has that same treatment too HAHAHA

As for where they are now, as long as they are cherished, that is all that counts in my book.

Jason

Don`t forget you have to write each letter bu hand in the same style. Could be a LONG project on the Book of G`Quan & no doubt the Book of G`kar has that same treatment too HAHAHA

As for where they are now, as long as they are cherished, that is all that counts in my book.

Jason

Hey I'm unemployed in the US so I've got nothing better to do anyway. ;)

I echo your sentiment on the books though. As long as they are in a good home that's all that matters.

Those pictures are from a Ebay auction several years ago by JMS. He sold off a few B5 props.

Ditto on the "IN" part! Nice!

I wonder what the coat of arms on the actual cover was? Looks like a lion rampant, which would imply the cover was a found item, potentially a Scottish photo album? Or am I being an idiot?

9680-lion-rampant.jpg

And the design on the back (photo 3) includes some heraldic designs. Assuming Scottish origin, I originally thought the eight-pointed star-shaped bits were what is known as a "mullet of eight points" but that bit looks pretty different. Maybe some sort of flower? My extremely amateur heraldic knowledge fails me.

Damn you, D&D, you should have taught me better!

EDIT - Maybe an "estoile of eight points"? Somebody with better Scottish heraldry knowledge want to hazard a guess?

Last edited:
Ditto on the "IN" part! Nice!

I wonder what the coat of arms on the actual cover was? Looks like a lion rampant, which would imply the cover was a found item, potentially a Scottish photo album? Or am I being an idiot?

9680-lion-rampant.jpg

Oh I don't doubt that the main portion was a found item. For instance this Italian journal is fairly similar even if it's not exact:

http://www.ventana-catalog.com/Z403B_enl.htm

If it had been made wholly in the prop department then it probably wouldn't have a rampant lion covered up on the front.

Oh I don't doubt that the main portion was a found item. For instance this Italian journal is fairly similar even if it's not exact:

http://www.ventana-catalog.com/Z403B_enl.htm

If it had been made wholly in the prop department then it probably wouldn't have a rampant lion covered up on the front.
HERE'S another similar one with the lion facing the correct direction.

BUT the thread is getting off-topic, imo. The OP was asking for pix of the 'Book of G'Quan'. Maybe a separate thread should be started for the 'Book of G'Kar'.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back