Reeve Superman Limited Edition

supgreg

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a big Chris Reeve fan and I have been looking through old posts to see people's replica costumes. I have a replica Action Costumes in Argentina which you can see below. It is under the Chris King specs but doesn't have the same blue fabric as his. Also, I made my own cape and boots. The boots are not that great, but the cape I spent a lot of time on and made it from heavy wool gabardine like the original, unlike the lightweight polyester one that it came with. Recently, I noticed that Action costumes is offering a limited run of 20 costumes with more accurate fabric. Does anybody know anything about this fabric? I think its the accurate stuff that CKing found. I put in an order for a new set of tunic and leggings to update my costume and make it more accurate. If anybody else has some great pics of thier replicas, please post them up!!! I would like to see all the reeve replicas out there!!!
Here is my current display...

Last edited:
May I hereby be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Very nice display, though, you should consider changing the pictures to clickable thumbnails as the pictures are really, really large.

Pics way too big!

AC actually found the new fabric at my request about a year and a half ago, after running out of the supply they'd had when working with Chris a good while before that. The new fabric is as close to the original as anything else I've seen - a really nice shade of blue, four-way stretch lycra with a very accurate weave. Sebastien was very excited about the find, and did say he had enough for 20-something suits. I wasn't aware they were advertising it now; it used to be by special request. Here's some pics:

elevator.jpg

logo_detail.jpg

sewn_s.jpg

superman3.jpg

logo.jpg

The "S" logo on this suit was a custom tracing of my own - more accurate than AC's standard logo. You're welcome to request it on your own suit, if you'd like. Just tell them I said it was approved; they don't share customers' customizations without consent! If they don't have it on file still (I think they would though), I can supply it again.

- Douglas

welcome on RPF Supgreg

your costume it's IMPRESSIVE (y)thumbsup
very nice work

great movie the first Supermann for me Christopher Reeve it's the best Superman:rolleyes

Caplan

AC costume (cking version) and boots.

Hydins crystals - custom made display base.

Howard's head sculpt

still working on those blasted hands... Anyone have good/realistic male fist replicas?
Everything is still kinda a WIP - so excuse the wrinkles..

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

AC costume (cking version) and boots.

Hydins crystals - custom made display base.

Howard's head sculpt

still working on those blasted hands... Anyone have good/realistic male fist replicas?
Everything is still kinda a WIP - so excuse the wrinkles..

ave4uevoli, is your costume made with this special edition fabric? It looks very light.

Pics way too big!

AC actually found the new fabric at my request about a year and a half ago, after running out of the supply they'd had when working with Chris a good while before that. The new fabric is as close to the original as anything else I've seen - a really nice shade of blue, four-way stretch lycra with a very accurate weave. Sebastien was very excited about the find, and did say he had enough for 20-something suits. I wasn't aware they were advertising it now; it used to be by special request. Here's some pics:

superman3.jpg

The "S" logo on this suit was a custom tracing of my own - more accurate than AC's standard logo. You're welcome to request it on your own suit, if you'd like. Just tell them I said it was approved; they don't share customers' customizations without consent! If they don't have it on file still (I think they would though), I can supply it again.

- Douglas

If you dont mind me asking, since you obviously wore it out, how did you wash it? Drycleaners?

If you dont mind me asking, since you obviously wore it out, how did you wash it? Drycleaners?

It might be machine washable, but I think drycleaning is the safe way to go!

ave4uevoli, Did you buy this costume from me? I don't remember who the buyer was, but I sold the suit on the RPF! Funny if the same suit was posted twice in a row.

- D

ave4uevoli, Did you buy this costume from me? I don't remember who the buyer was, but I sold the suit on the RPF! Funny if the same suit was posted twice in a row.

- D

HAHA - yea -y'know I was scratching my head about that.... :confused

I think at the time you sold your suit - I was really really on the fence. I just can't remember if I got it from you - or the guy right after you selling a suit (because I regretted not getting yours)...

- D

About your 'S', could you PM me with the details so that I can request it? Thanks!

Its nice to see how much these costumes have evolved over the last few years - You might consider this to be the grandaddy of them all as its creation was documented on this site some time ago...

Costume_3.jpg

Costume2.jpg

Office06014.jpg

I will be forever grateful to the RPF as it hooked me up with Chris King - and together we embarked on a mission to find & create the most accurate Reeve costume out there. The specs Chris drew up eventually became the basis of the current Southern Wings offering.
Never satisfied the correct colour blue had been acheived, Chris worked so hard on reseach that he eventually found a swatch of the actual fabric!

We collated all this effort in an article I wrote for the CapedWonder website here;

http://www.capedwonder.com/newwebsite/pages/superman-costumes.html

I could never bring myself to sell the costume above as true to comic lore it was made by my mother-in-law!
What I am however, in the midst of is the creation of the most accurate Reeve costume ever. Its early days and the fabric is close to being selected. The overall plan is to have this adorn my custom 1:1 Reeve mannequin (being worked on by a fellow RPF member as we speak) using this rare headsculpt;

CR_Bust2.jpg

CR_Bust1.jpg

And using this as inspiration;

Mov_Super_3Qt.jpg

Movieum_Super1.jpg

When all-new pics arrive I will start a separate thread.

Its nice to see how much these costumes have evolved over the last few years - You might consider this to be the grandaddy of them all as its creation was documented on this site some time ago...

I will be forever grateful to the RPF as it hooked me up with Chris King - and together we embarked on a mission to find & create the most accurate Reeve costume out there. The specs Chris drew up eventually became the basis of the current Southern Wings offering.
Never satisfied the correct colour blue had been acheived, Chris worked so hard on reseach that he eventually found a swatch of the actual fabric!

We collated all this effort in an article I wrote for the CapedWonder website here;

http://www.capedwonder.com/newwebsite/pages/superman-costumes.html

I could never bring myself to sell the costume above as true to comic lore it was made by my mother-in-law!
What I am however, in the midst of is the creation of the most accurate Reeve costume ever. Its early days and the fabric is close to being selected. The overall plan is to have this adorn my custom 1:1 Reeve mannequin (being worked on by a fellow RPF member as we speak) using this rare headsculpt;

And using this as inspiration;

When all-new pics arrive I will start a separate thread.

Hey GELForever, are you still making the Reeve belts to order?

:ninja
Pics way too big!

elevator.jpg

logo_detail.jpg

sewn_s.jpg

superman3.jpg

logo.jpg

- Douglas

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back