Jurassic Park raincoats?

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey just curious if there are any Jurassic park raincoats out there? Like the one Nedry wears yellow with the small JP logo on the front and a big one on the back...maybe a little "spitter" distressing :p
Just thought it would be a cool project for some one to make for us JP collectors :)
mike

I was at Universal Studios after the film opened and saw Nedry's raincoat up close and personal. It was a shiny vinal rain slicker with a large vinal logo sticker applied to the back and a small one on the front.

A very simple piece of wardrobe to put together provided the slicker is made of the shiny vinal and not the flat finish. And, if you need JP logo stickers, contact Blackbok and he'll hook you up. ;)

Darrin

they sell JP rain ponchos at universal studios. not quite screen accurate but cool to keep in your jeep in case you've left the rag top at home i guess.

I think we've crossed the full spectrum of prop collecting all in one film- from one of the coolest, functional, machined metal props of any film, and one that actually drives the plot; to a rain coat! :cool

I made a few of the raincoats, harbor freight sells rain suits that have a pretty accurate coat, not quite as shiny as the screen used ones, but they do have the black buttons with pockets. Here's the only pic I have of one, I'll snap some more soon.

6.JPG

Yeah, the flashlights are cool... cooler than the radios, but not as cool as the NVG's...

Even if these flashlights never will be casted, because they are so expensive and will be expensive for the next years... yes, even then someone could finally start working on the JP NVG's... Anyone?!? If I say "please"? Please with marshmallows? :lol

Last edited:
I made a few of the raincoats, harbor freight sells rain suits that have a pretty accurate coat, not quite as shiny as the screen used ones, but they do have the black buttons with pockets. Here's the only pic I have of one, I'll snap some more soon.

6.JPG

Harbor Freight..... great, we have one in town. Thanks for the tip. What size stickers do you recommend, front and back?

Any Tips on getting the stickers made? Already got the coat, just trying to find a good way to do the stickers or decals.

If someone can do the stickers, I can get the coats. I would even be up for a trade of sorts.

There is/was a guy on eBay selling the raincoats, but all the questions I asked went unanswered. I wasn't interesting in buying blindly so I left it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back