Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** **

Re: Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** 36th upd., pg 19 **

Thanx Graham,

i'm knee deep in epoxy the whole time now, so this week has the next pic update.

But more importantly...

Happy New Year to all !!!!!

Cheers,
Wasili

Wasili

Please email me..(kahn1701@sbcglobal.net)
With the site trouble I'm a little behind on
getting back with you ..
Save me one..TeeHee

paul/kahn1701

Okidoki,

Next batch of pics...

What...going pep ????

Well, maybe a bit. As i'm using 400gr/m2 biax carbonfibre, it's good to precut the fibre pieces. You cannot pull them apart and add on the spot, there's a different manual for this stuff.

I made paper templates by using the master, and although i changed them progressivley based on working with the mold, they were a good start.

Wasili-APCwip151.jpg

All the paper templates.

Wasili-APCwip152.jpg

Start cutting carbon with the templates. The roll is 130cm wide, and unfortunately there's only one table in the house suitable for that.

Wasili-APCwip153.jpg

One set done. Most pieces are three layers of carbon.

Wasili-APCwip154.jpg

A few hulls on the table, next to the master. The epoxy resin is pretinted medium grey (-ish), but since the fibre is black, it will tend to show through in places. The insides look not as nice as ones done with fibreglass, which due to it's transparancy fades away in the tinted epoxy. The black carbon simply contrasts, unless i tinted the epoxy black, which i did with a few.

Wasili-APCwip155.jpg

Besides a few airbubbles on corners, overall the hulls come out nice.

Wasili-APCwip156.jpg

Top front.

Wasili-APCwip157.jpg

The front corner has been detailed like the full size APC, which had an interchangeable cornerpiece, to show a completely dented corner (for Acton shoot/ Plant corridor escape scenes), or the undented corner (shot later at Pinewood / Sulaco hangar, APC introduction). You can see the weld beads and bolt holes on the hulls.

More soon.

Cheers,
Wasili

Wasili-APCwip158.jpg

Re: Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** 37th upd., pg 19 **

This is hands down one of the best kits I have ever seen. Which one is mine? Send me one of the black ones...

Re: Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** 37th upd., pg 19 **

Very impressive. I really like your production methods and modern techniques used for this kit!

It's the best I've ever seen. Hands down. And where the APC is concerned, the design is a 'less is more' creation, so the little details like bolts and weld beads really count. I wish I could afford a dozen.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back