Sga zpm

Tachyon

Hi there,

Just playing with ideas at the moment, I have recently been introduced into the world of prop making by a friend and have been considering different ways to deck my room out with functional props. This being my first post, I hope I have posted correctly.

One such idea I had was a ZPM Light to replace my reading light. Looking around, It seems the best idea would be to go with a transparent orange resin cast, make a hollow and put a LED setup in it.

However...

I have no resin casting abilities nor the finances (at the current time) to buy any required equipment to cast. I would also need to make some form of a mould if I was going to do this (which I again, have no skill in doing).

So...

I was wondering, if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction of buying a transparent resin ZPM base (I am happy to do the rest of the work, painting and marking) or give me some pointers on how to go about creating my own relatively screen accurate ZPM (and relatively cheap) from scratch.

Cheers,
Tachyon

There's a guy on the Scifi Hero board that sells them. I make no guarantees as to getting any purchase from him in any particular condition though. You're on your own there.

Yeah, he goes by the name of lord_trael on that forum. He makes unpainted ZPMs for somewhere in the low $100s, and from the pics that Silverskyes has posted in his thread, he does quite good work, at least on the ZPMs.

I'd go on the Sci Fi Hero forums and check it out :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back