Plactic parts used on the x-wing

Last edited:
I would Like to thank all of you that have pointed me in the right direction with this project. I sorry that some people think that I ask a "dangerous" question. I hope this next question isnt. It hard to find the Airfix German Scharnhorst Kit, I have try on Ebay with no luck but I found the Tamiya version and was wondering if this kit will work for the R2 deck, any help Thanks

I would Like to thank all of you that have pointed me in the right direction with this project. I sorry that some people think that I ask a "dangerous" question. I hope this next question isnt. It hard to find the Airfix German Scharnhorst Kit, I have try on Ebay with no luck but I found the Tamiya version and was wondering if this kit will work for the R2 deck, any help Thanks

It wont work because the Scharnhorst kit is 1/700 while the Airfix is a bigger (1/600). You'll have to be patient as it pops from time to time on the bay !

Just don't use super glue on your Scharnhorst deck and spray it with accelerator. The heat from the rapid curing will warp the part. (That's why it originally happened, Frank! I should've glued the whole thing to thick acrylic. That probably would've solved it.)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back