Plactic parts used on the x-wing

joejoejedi

Does anyone have a list of all the model kits and the parts that was use on the studio x-wing (1977) or who makes parts for the x-wing I have 3 of the Estes Maxi i woould like to finish and I look all over the forum and havent had any luck

Does anyone have a list of all the model kits and the parts that was use on the studio x-wing (1977) or who makes parts for the x-wing I have 3 of the Estes Maxi i woould like to finish and I look all over the forum and havent had any luck

Joe, questions like this tend to be frowned upon. A lot of us have been doing a lot of work since '97, and we feel it's only fair for you to do the work to dig up the info. It's all here, you just got to take the time and read.

The thread you want is "Building X-Wing 1/24 : Help!!"

Joe, questions like this tend to be frowned upon. A lot of us have been doing a lot of work since '97, and we feel it's only fair for you to do the work to dig up the info. It's all here, you just got to take the time and read.

The thread you want is "Building X-Wing 1/24 : Help!!"

Beat me to it. I was going to say, "Dangerous question..."

Least a new person could do is research our Studio Scale forum and, in particular, the monster X-Wing thread that started years ago.

Trouble is, even after about a week of solid reading, you'd probably still be puzzling about what was in all the pictures that are now toast.

Why don't we make this a little game, like one of those "movie quote" games? Each player posts a part with as brief as possible a description of exactly where the part is located. The object of the game is to compose a description that works without an accompanying illustration. Post as often as you care to, but only one part per post. I'll go first, with a part that seems to be frequently mis-identified...

The only kit part on the upper forward surface of the cockpit dash console:

Nitto Kagaku 1:35 military series no. 7, art. no. 158-350

Hanomag Sd.Kfz 251/1

Part 57

Without being a smartass,I just wonder what happened to the parts map of the hyperdrive motivator/actuator (strip behind R2)? There was one of all these parts named,and patted out for everyone,but after searching ALL the known X-wing threads on here - I still have yet to find it. Was this one deleted when the forum changed servers?

Trouble is, even after about a week of solid reading, you'd probably still be puzzling about what was in all the pictures that are now toast....

lol Thats so true, ive only joined in the new year, and searched every thread on studio scale, and i have to say, about 70% of the pics and links are either deleted, broken, removed albums from sites, or pics in a format my computer doesnt agree with, the list is endless.

But whats worse, is when i start reading a thread with great pics, and when it gets a realy important issue on a build or something, to give a mandatory pictorial info, i get the same, deleted, broken, remeoved albums, or wrong format.

Cant some of you aleast now an again, check and up date your missing pictures on your threads lol.

Jonathan

I have a list that came from some serious digging around here that's at least 95%. Even though its all here somewhere, I am reluctant to post because it feels like its not quite my work. All I did was some detective work and while I've made some minor finds the majority of the hard part was already done. Most importantly, I won't post a complete list because this is a public forum. These threads show up in Google searches!

While the RPF will always be my first love, you have to recognize its hardly a model of categorized and documented research. Its part of the charm, and there's still plenty of action.

EDIT:

I posted the 'best of' the X research links at the start of my build thread.

Last edited:
We did do a 'start over' thread a little while back, but it died out.

Who needs help besides Joe?

Im not one to ask for help, im used to combing threads, but...

The only help i really needed, was to find out what that square greebly with grills that sits at the end of the x-wing wings next to the small struts that hold the guns on the flat of the wing tip?

Ive searched every Studio scale thread, but there are so many threads that say here a pic of that greebly to do with bla bla, and the picture is either deleted, removed, or albums no longer availible on broken links.

So if it is there in a post on a thread somewhere, i couldnt find it, cause i could only see 30% of the pics on most threads.

Any suggestions or pics of the object would help.

regards
Jonathan

Im not one to ask for help, im used to combing threads, but...

The only help i really needed, was to find out what that square greebly with grills that sits at the end of the x-wing wings next to the small struts that hold the guns on the flat of the wing tip?

Ive searched every Studio scale thread, but there are so many threads that say here a pic of that greebly to do with bla bla, and the picture is either deleted, removed, or albums no longer availible on broken links.

So if it is there in a post on a thread somewhere, i couldnt find it, cause i could only see 30% of the pics on most threads.

Any suggestions or pics of the object would help.

regards
Jonathan

This is the piece I am not sure of yet either. Someone mentioned it was from an old 1:35 M4A3E8 Sherman, and I ended up getting the wrong one.

There are also parts in the cockpit that can't be seen too well.

This is the piece I am not sure of yet either. Someone mentioned it was from an old 1:35 M4A3E8 Sherman, and I ended up getting the wrong one.

There are also parts in the cockpit that can't be seen too well.

Ive got both the 1/35 Tamiya M4 Sherman US Medium Tank [Early production] / & the M4A3 Sherman US Medium Tank 75mm gun [Late production]

Both untouched and uncannablised kits and neither of them have this part, and nothing that looks remotly similar. Though im looking for the part as a hole,the greebly may be made up of several diferent kits...

Regards
Jonathan

I purchased the same kit, non-motorized, and it had the correct part.

But the box that sits on top of the grills is still unidentified?

A parts List is a great idea. I'm gonna want to (need to) look at that too!
(If I'd thought of it I would have asked about one too. (I love Danger! :love)
Re: Tamiya/Sherman 'grill' pic -
I'm gathering info for a 1/6th scale X-wing build & seeing that photo was a B I G help. I'll have to scratch-build it, but seeing a good pic is a plus. Thanx!

Thats why i couldnt identify it, i was assuming it was all one peice lol

Now i know, i could do a complete inventory part list for tis thread, apart from the cockpit, im making my cockpit pattern acording to te live action set piece.

Im making a mixed Media Xpattern, part live action set, with cockpit and landing lights from degoba, part orignal shooting model, and part what an 1/24 X would be like if it was a real millitary flying vehicle designed by Tamiya, doing a thread on it it shortly.

jonathan

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back