My take on the Rankin & Bass Heat Miser! Oompa Loompa Pics Added!

I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mister Sun...

Barry introduced me to these vinyl figures about 2 years ago and since then, we have produced a series from the Wizard of Oz characters, an Oompa Loompa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and a multitude of various commission work pieces at the request of others.

Here are the progress pix that Barry took for me...

I didn't have a whole lot of reference to go by other than a pic that I googled and watching the movie. I was surprisingly pleased with how it turned out. For the face, I used super sculpey. In doing his outfit, it was pretty straight forward, however, what I found most challenging was the hair. I bought fake fur at a Hobby Lobby here in Atlanta. This is where the fun began..I had to painstakingly cut the fur off of the backing and hand apply it to the head...gluing a small section at a time. I have never done this before so, I was a little intimidated. I started to get the hang of it half- way through the head. For the facial details, it was a combination of pastel chalk and airbrush. Now I can't wait to start on a Cold Miser!

Last edited:
Re: My take on the Rankin & Bass Heat Miser!

That's wonderful! Those two were always my favorites every Christmas, well, after Rudolf and Frosty I suppose--but I always loved that musical number. I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Dave

FB, thank you for the comment. That is a great gun drawing as your avatar! Dave, sounds like we have a lot in common. I love all the old Christmas movies! I hate that I have grown up in the aspect that I used to believe that those characters were real. Now when I watch them I see them as they are...you know what I mean?

Thanks again,

Karey

My soon-to-be wife now a member on the RPF! A guy couldn't ask for much more! :)

I love how that Heat Miser came out! You are one talented little lady... But I'm sure I'm a little bias. :love

-B89! :love

Killer!!! Hehe, the Miser brothers ROCK! :lol

-Sarge

I need to get my lazy butt in gear and get the pics of the other customs ready for you to post! :angel

So are you using the Mighty Mugg fiures as a base? Brilliant! I would have nevr thought of that!

That is a beautiful piece of work! What a great use for a Munny. Very inspiring, thanks for posting!

Wow guys, thanks for all the great comments!! Pumpernickel and Frank, Barry told me the two of you are involved with the puppets so your input means a lot!

Barry is getting the pix together of the other Munny characters we produced. The Oompa Loompa was my baby, but we worked on it together. The Oz Robot characters were all Beeb89! We are having some miniature Munnies shipped to us to make Miser minions. This project is becoming very exciting!

Thank you all,

Karey

Love Rankin and Bass, and you've done great justice to the original piece!

Now let's see something from Mad Monster Party. :)

Yep, I have to say the little lady has got some skillz! :):):)

Here's the Oompa Loompa we did together... this one I really like! I helped out some with the hair but this is mainly her baby!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back