For those with custom or converted FX sabers

Darth Mobius

My blade plugs arrived in a nice padded envelope two days after I placed my order (There's definitely something to be said for speedy shipping.) When I opened the envelope I found two blade plugs just as I had ordered, both had a PVC cap electrical taped over the Head portion to protect against dings or crush accidents.

2-1.jpg
1-1.jpg

When I took off the caps I was immediately impressed by the quality of the parts themselves. Each was approximately 2 inches long and consisted of a piece of 1" polycarbonate, a white machined disk (that acts as a diffuser), an electric razor head, and a machined ring that sits around the head to make it 1"od.

Please note that in production models the white plastic diffuser will be 1/16" thicker as ARKM felt the light from shorter versions of the blade plugs was a hair to bright

3-1.jpg
7.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg
8.jpg
6.jpg

Excited, I grabbed my converted ESB Vader and decided to try them on for size. Immediately I noticed a couple things: I was going to have to do some sanding for the plugs to smoothly fit into my blade holder, And they were definitely too long to fit into my blade holder. With very minor hand sanding with 180 grit sandpaper the plugs slid smoothly into and out of my emitter. Now on to length... I stated that the plug was too long but I think this approach is best because its better to have too much than not enough. I trimmed off about a half an inch with standard pipe cutters because I wanted to be able to have mine sit inset a bit.

23.jpg
20.jpg

once I had all my modifications complete I dropped the plug into my saber and fired it up. The pics that ARKM presented originally as well as the ones I am presenting are deceiving because the light appears to be really bright and "blow out" the details of the razor head. There is a very even solid color to the plug and it lights up beautifully when on. ARKM has also stated that he will probably start making the blade plugs a hair thinner than 1.000 O.D. so that you will not have to do any sanding yourself.

The following Photos show the separate heads and their respective looks. I originally preferred the Norelco with one ring to the Remington with two but after having time to see and play with both I have changed my mind and really have to say I like the Remington more.

21.jpg
19.jpg

18-1.jpg
15.jpg

22.jpg
35.jpg

37-2.jpg
32.jpg

In closing, I would say that in my opinion these are a well crafted part that would be a great addition to any custom or converted MR saber. In some cases very minor modification is required but everything can be done either with a piece of sand paper and a pipe cutter or dremel. I would give this product a 10 out of 10.

May the force be with you!

Last edited:
That looks pretty awesome! Good review and great pics.

I just got my conversion kit from TCSS earlier this evening, so I'm hoping to have the conversion done in time for the event this Saturday.

After seeing these pics, I'm definitely interested in adding one to mine. Really completes the look nicely.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back