SS Hero Tie Fighter

WOW great photo!!!!

never seen this one before, thanks for posting!

I thought he was standing up at first, but I do notice the bent knees

GFollano

Last edited:
WOW great photo!!!!

never seen this one before, thanks for posting!

DarthDuck, I guess you don"t need to make a seat, apparently they pilot standing up :) LOL

GFollano

Yeah, go figure on that one, huh? I mean we "know" the TIE didn't carry "life support", hence the oxygen apparatus. So they certainly didn't carry artificial gravity? What- did their boots lock in place? I dunno but that's the problem between shooting models, screen sets (interiors) and sci-fi all mixed together!:lol

Here's a pic of the full sized cockpit if that helps.

tiecockpit.jpg

Is he navigating the Titanic here or what? Great pic Rich!

lee

In screen caps you can see a couple of lights on the "control yoke" and I also like the idea of lights coming from what could be the gun triggers atop the end of the yoke. So brass tubing was added to the "grips" and a lil surface mount LED was prepped to hide within the "column".
000_0001-6.jpg

000_0004-3.jpg

I like to mount the light source as close as possible to the actual visible portion because I've had bad luck with longer runs of FO eventually failing over time whenever they make any kind of bends and such?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back