6th Doctor (Colin Baker) coat pattern?

Hope this turns out well for you - it's an ambitious project and I'd love to see a decent fan-made version. The only one I can recall seeing that could truly pass for screen accurate was the Clothears version, but i think there was some kind of fuss and they withdrew from making Who replicas.

Hope this turns out well for you - it's an ambitious project and I'd love to see a decent fan-made version. The only one I can recall seeing that could truly pass for screen accurate was the Clothears version, but i think there was some kind of fuss and they withdrew from making Who replicas.

Your best bet is to take existing Frock coat patterns you like - such as the prince Albert style of Frock and heavily modify to the Six coat as it's not a standard frock style (especially with those lapels). And as Dave said- the only good replica that was ever offered was by Cloth Ears who have now firmly stepped away fomr the Who fan world as of June of Last year thanks to a blow up with one of the fans and possible BBC intervention. I never got the full story but they are gone for good. Trust me, I tried to persuade them several times to come back and they had none of it.

I completely forgot to post pics of the 5th doctor coat my wife made - let me do that tonight. We used a pattern from laughing moon, i think. 5 and 6 wore basically the same pattern.

I completely forgot to post pics of the 5th doctor coat my wife made - let me do that tonight. We used a pattern from laughing moon, i think. 5 and 6 wore basically the same pattern.

Would love to see the coat Dave. There are differences between 5 and 6's coats- they are not the same - especially in the lapels but I think it could be modified to suit the OP's needs- the harder aspect to my mind is findg all the right kind of fabrics!

Would love to see the coat Dave. There are differences between 5 and 6's coats- they are not the same - especially in the lapels but I think it could be modified to suit the OP's needs- the harder aspect to my mind is findg all the right kind of fabrics!

You're quite right about the lapels, although the 'fiddleback' pattern is the same.

Hello there, not sure if you're still up for this project, but I found a good set of reference images on the dw_cosplay blog:

MyCoatPatternSmall01.png

MyCoatPatternSmall02.png

MyCoatPatternSmall03.png

Hope these help :)

Oh, before I forget, you can have some artistic license with regards to his cat pin and cravat. Just find some blue and black dotted material, its a bit easier to find than yellow with stars.

6-cravat-turqu-packshot.JPG

6-cravat-yell-packshot.jpg

Are those cat badges still available? Back in the 90's, you used to be able to get them very easily, from the original maker, IIRC.

The12thDoctor, those reference images are da bomb! I'm on dw_cosplay as well and never seen them before, so thanks for that. Also, did not know he had a yellow-with-stars cravat. That is amazing, and reaches previously unknown levels of tackiness. I must have one! Now I'll be keeping an eye out for that sort of thing in all the fabric shops.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back