Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume

Hey, Sadman, try not to threadjack, OK? Nice pics, but it has nothing to do with Webchief's thread. In the future, the polite thing would be to start your own thread.

Back on topic:

Holy **** Bob, that looks SICK! Really good job on Natasha's headpiece! I'm very impressed, especially since I know you're barely human.

Cute, I like how you come to my defense, compliment AND insult all in one paragraph. Impressive. hahaha

Production on these has slowed due to real life getting in the way but they're moving forward. I got another one out of the mold 2 nights ago and will be painting it up in the next few days.

I guess I need liquid latex or something like that to blend the forehead of the headpiece to my face. Anyone have a recommendation on where to buy online? I've never used anything like that before so I haven't even a clue as to how to apply it. Bob, what are you using?

I guess I need liquid latex or something like that to blend the forehead of the headpiece to my face. Anyone have a recommendation on where to buy online? I've never used anything like that before so I haven't even a clue as to how to apply it. Bob, what are you using?

Nope, not liquid latex. Your headpiece is made out of silicone. Latex won't stick to it. You need to use a silicone based product like Skin Tite from Smooth-On:

http://www.smooth-on.com/Silicone-Rubber-an/c2_1115_1193/index.html

You can also try something often referred to as "Cabopatch" . I've never tried it on silicone, so I'm not sure that it would work, but it is used on foam appliances and skin to hid flaws and seams. It is cabosil mixed into prosaide. It creates a paste, and can be spread over areas such as the seam between the headpiece and your forehead and smoothed out to help hid it. The cabosil thickens it enough to create a texture, though not a heavy one, so it doesn't stand out as a smooth surface. I'm just unsure if it will stick to the silicone, and leaning towards that it won't. I can send you a little bit if you want to try it out though.

I just received the Skin-Tite product from Smooth On today. So I'm going to try that and see how it goes. I wonder if I should apply it with a brush?? I'm so nervous about trying to make this look even and try to cover my eyebrows enough too.

If you go to the Smooth On link I gave you there should be a bunch of tutorial videos on how to apply their product. I remember watching one where they applied a facial scar. I think you just brush it on and maybe you could even it out with your finger?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back