Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume

Looks great even in this rough casting. Are you planning on leaving the forehead "skin" in the final piece like the LFL suit or is that meant to be trimmed off?

Kind of an unrelated question but I'm curious about one thing, has anyone ever thought of doing it cloth instead of casting it? I'm assuming that what Asohka is wearing is a headdress and and the tails aren't part of her head like on a Twilek.

Ahsoka is a Togruta, the head tails are an extension of her head like a Twi'lek's lekku. Look at Shaak Ti to see what a fully grown example looks like. I'm not sure what would give you the impression otherwise.

Nice work so far, can't wait to see it when you're finally done.

Kind of an unrelated question but I'm curious about one thing, has anyone ever thought of doing it cloth instead of casting it? I'm assuming that what Asohka is wearing is a headdress and and the tails aren't part of her head like on a Twilek.

No, they are part of her head. She is the same species as Shaak Ti.

del_shaakti3.jpg

Looks great even in this rough casting. Are you planning on leaving the forehead "skin" in the final piece like the LFL suit or is that meant to be trimmed off?

Thanks. I'm leaving the forehead piece there. It helps to fit it there like a swim cap. Also, no need for a bald cap to cover the hair line. If people want to trim it off, they can.

The forehead piece also helps to conceal eyebrows as Ahsoka does not have any (that are hair). I also thought it would be more convient as you would not have to do the forehead designs every time you wore the headpiece. There was a reason that the Disney one was made that way ;) Also, you can use some liquid latex to smooth out the bump that the forehead piece makes so it can be covered with the red body paint.

A good friend of mine did an amazing Shaak Ti headpiece out of fabric. And while it is the best I've ever seen done that way.....there is no comparison to one done the way WebChief is doing this. Well done or not, it still looks like fabric. I can't wait to see this Ashoka done!

Ahsoka is a Togruta, the head tails are an extension of her head like a Twi'lek's lekku. Look at Shaak Ti to see what a fully grown example looks like. I'm not sure what would give you the impression otherwise.

Because I'm familiar w/Asohka than I am with Shaak Ti and since Asohka only appears in animation it wasn't entirely clear to me if she had head tails or a head dress with tails. Thanks for the clarification though, the Shaak Ti example makes it a lot more clearer to me now.

SUCCESS!!!!!

I finally was able to successfully make a casting using Dragon Skin last night! This one is beautiful! Nice and solid and supports it's own weight. I added the Flex Foam inside the top of the head while it was still in the mold so that it conformed perfectly to the shape of the headpiece. Some trimming and clean up work and this baby will be ready to paint!

The first layer of Dragon Skin is stippled into the open mold
normal_26107_391528397558_698862558_5394660_1949921_n.jpg

Three or four layers later, it's ready to close up, lock together and fill in the seams.
normal_26107_391528407558_698862558_5394662_7740870_n.jpg

The Flex Foam curing inside the top of the head
normal_26107_391528387558_698862558_5394659_3040999_n.jpg

The first successful piece!!
normal_26107_391528412558_698862558_5394663_1544260_n.jpg

Profile. You can see that it holds it's own shape well.
normal_26107_391528422558_698862558_5394664_143476_n.jpg

Back
normal_26107_391528427558_698862558_5394665_738384_n.jpg

I can't thank Duck enough for all his advice and help throughout this LOOOONG project. I'm so glad it's finally coming together....what a relief!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back