Republic Gunship

redirk2

Here is my new Revell Republic Gunship. These come pre-painted and as usual the paint job kind of sucks. I added some "Diamond plate" flooring to the rear ramp and the main floor of the ship. I used the Micro Machines Yoda and the clone troopers came with the kit. I built the kit first. I then closed the doors and masked off the cockpit glass. I then re-painted the entire kit. It came out OK. I will probably make a Genosian landing area to make this into a diorama.
Enjoy!

republicgunship003.jpg

republicgunship002.jpg

republicgunship001.jpg

Nice looking effort! It looks way better then the slop artist weathering they put on the model. The diamond plate also looks great!

I've got the V-19 Torrent on my workbench almost finished. Technically it is assembled, although I need to do some seam cleanup to it before I give it a full primer shot and complete repaint.

I have to say, Revell is doing some good kits with this license. Don't let the fact that they are snap pre-paints put you off from acquiring some.

As for my Gunship, its going to become the Rancor painted one used by the ARC Troopers (Muulinist 10) in the original cartoon Clone Wars shorts (painted up ala the Hasbro toy).

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back