Harry Potter Memory Vial and Felix Felicis patterns FREE

Im a glassblower. These are what Ive made from screen cap references
didnt know how the top of the memory vial was so i made it longer than i think it actually is. will fix that on the next one. the felix vial also needs some minor tweeking in shape and size, need to get another size glass to start with and will be perfect. what do you think?
hpvial.jpg

Last edited:
Sithlord, sorry if I missed the answer to this, but are you planning on doing a run of these? I am definately interested.

I'm no expert so I have no idea how feasible this idea is, but could the phials be solid cast with the swirls inside? Kinda like how glassblowers do it?

I'm no expert so I have no idea how feasible this idea is, but could the phials be solid cast with the swirls inside? Kinda like how glassblowers do it?

yes i can do either memory or philix vial solid with swirls inside

or i can use a special glass glue and glue the top on with liquid on the inside. i just havent done any research on what to use for the swirly liquid for the memory vial. i do have some sparkle dust i can use to mix with water/oil so it looks swirly/sparkly. but this process including research and development will add a lot of time onto the piece. or you can fill them with your own liquid.

Digitizit - Good job! :thumbsup

Some of the memory vials seem to have parchment doilies as labels. I figure they need to be about 2" (50mm) in diameter. After much googling, it seems commercially available doilies are either 4" and larger, or 1 1/2" and smaller (for doll houses) :wacko

Here's a label I drew up from one the reference pictures:

View attachment 21332

The font's not exactly right, but you get the idea. I know a fellow who's got a programmable laser engraver, and we're trying to determine if it can be used to make some of these.

ATL

That's a fantastic start, ATL! I was just thinking about those labels and how to pull that off. The font may actually be hand written on the screen used versions. There may exist a font that is that thin and stylized.

Just for reference in this thread, I'm posting the pic of all of the vials in the cabinet. There is a lot of variety to those labels, but I think you pretty much nailed the Riddle design!

3778234048_5fd0299972.jpg

That's a fantastic start, ATL! I was just thinking about those labels and how to pull that off. The font may actually be hand written on the screen used versions. There may exist a font that is that thin and stylized.

Just for reference in this thread, I'm posting the pic of all of the vials in the cabinet. There is a lot of variety to those labels, but I think you pretty much nailed the Riddle design!

3778234048_5fd0299972.jpg

Ive seen vinyl cutouts of the labels on a vinyly cutout forum. I was thinking of using white waterslide decal paper and exacto cutting the negative spaces out

Oh, lord...I've been telling the wife ever since these showed up in the films that I wanted one. Somehow in all my searching I missed this thread. If this is still an active subject, I'd greatly love to get one of these if it's at all possible.

Cheers,

Guy

Hi everybody, I´m 15 years old. I want to know how you did the memory vials and what are the materials that are needed to make them. If you don´t mind of course, could anyone on here say it to me please? It´s very important, cause I need to have them on my hands! :D And I don´t know how to make them! :D Please, tell it to me. And I have another question, does anyone on here know how to make a basilisk fang? By the way, I´m from Spain. Thanks!

John,

The vials I made were hand blown glass. I would seek out a glass blower near you to see if they could make them for you. It cost me about $60 US per vial to have them made.

I have entertained the idea of doing a run of these in clear resin. I have three or four vials in my collection, and I can cast one of those. Unlike the glass vials, the resin vials would be solid. I'm sure they could be rotocast if they just HAD to be hollow, but solid would be easier for me.

Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back