Two-Thirds Scale 33 inch TOS Enterprise

Thanks!

Okay... shooting a bunch of shots before taking my friend's camera back today.

And because I felt like I wasn't paying enough attention to my (as yet unfinished) Klingon (I have to get some replacement decals), here are some artsy shots of it too...

The Klingon was something I threw together over the last few weeks because I felt I needed to work on my model building (and finishing) skills. There is no real effort to be accurate, I just wanted it to look nice (next to my Enterprise). It'll look better when I've finished with the decals.

Hello, beautiful job on the enterprise !

I have just purchased the amt 22" cutaway model and will build it as a solid model . I am looking for detailed drawings where I can get as close as possible to the studio model
Not sure if I will light it yet but I want to get the shape correct first . Can anyone tell me where I can find plans /drawings that are correct ?

thanks
Anthony

Thanks!

When it comes to modifying the 22 inch kit, either Casimiro's or Sinclair's plans should work for the basics. The cutaway kit was based on Alan Everheart's plans from the 1980's, so you can compare them with the others to see what needs modifications before even starting in on cutting plastic.

But keep in mind that the closer you want to get to the studio model, the more you'll be changing. On this model I used about 40% of the 22 inch kit's parts and scratch built most of the rest of the model. On my one-sixth studio scale model I'm using less than 10% of the kit's parts and scratch building the rest off of my unpublished plans of the 11 foot model.

I actually have most of the 22 inch model's contours, this is an example of how it's primary hull compares against the 11 foot model and the Revell 1/600 kit...

ph_11-v-revell-cutaway.jpg

And there is also the one-stop 11 foot Enterprise thread for a ton of info.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back