Lost in Space movie robot

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

im a huge fan of the Lost in Space movie, although i know a lot of people wished it was never made lol, but one thing i really love about the film is the design and use of the on screen robot that was created for the film.

Does anyone have any behind the scenes pics or information about this robot. I know when the film came out there was a journal in robotics that had technical information of the robot and how it was made. are there even any props of the robot around? I haven't been able to find any info on the robot, the blasters, or the armor suit used.

lis96.jpg

lis96crew.jpg

Somewhere I have the "Making of" book and probably the Cinefex if there was one... I'll check later.

And don't forget the abortive 2004 pilot for "Robinsons: Lost in Space", where the robot was called "Adam"....

No on second thought DO forget it. :lol

robinsonslisenh.jpg

Last edited:
Huge fan of the movie too, havent seen or heard anything of the robot, i know that propstore sold acouple of its claws, been looking for pistols from the movie forever myself

wow the claws??? i have only seen the robot secondary pincer tools on sale. i would have killed to own a pincer claw. I remember years ago someone was selling the huge promotional robot that they had won from some contest on ebay. It was life sized so i could never own it, just too huge.

what a beautiful beast tho.

Oh and here are a couple of shots of the pistol from my files. Apologies if the owner of these doesn't want them posted.

lospist03.jpg

lospist01.jpg

I think some of the screenused weapons have come up in Profiles or in PSOL.

k

Thanks so much for the pictures of the gun, I want it soooo bad, I just took the making of book off my shelf and started flipping through it, makes me want to watch the movie again!

And don't forget the abortive 2004 pilot for "Robinsons: Lost in Space", where the robot was called "Adam"....

No on second thought DO forget it. :lol

robinsonslisenh.jpg

Directed by John Woo! I saw this pilot once and boy was it terrible. Those spacesuits look a lot like the ones from the original POTA.

I saw the movie robot in person at an la Comic Book convention - they had the whole cast there promoting the movie and as much as I didn't like the design - that robot is pretty impressive in real life and up close. It was made by Jim Henson studios.

wow those are some wonderful pictures, i have the making of book too and these scans are so awesome. If there is one robot i would love to see in person it would be without a doubt this LIS movie robot. I heard they keep it in the studio still. had i the money and the space, boy would i love to own that beauty.

the gun prop is definitely awesome, has anyone tried to duplicate it using the "Toy" versions of these guns that came out eons ago. Maybe they could be recast and what not?

Interesting footnote to the John Woo RLIS pilot: Ron Moore bought the spaceship sets used in that pilot, refurbished them, and they became the sets for the Battlestar Pegasus!

Or so it is said. :sleep

Interesting footnote to the John Woo RLIS pilot: Ron Moore bought the spaceship sets used in that pilot, refurbished them, and they became the sets for the Battlestar Pegasus!

Or so it is said. :sleep

Well, if that's true - at least SOMETHING good came out of the production. -

the masochistic part of me wants to watch this pilot, but the innocent side does not want to ruin my beliefs of the LIS franchise. why did they think that was a good idea. and what is that aweful re design of the robot? lol SMH....

Sometimes remakes happen I think because a "property" is owned by somebody and they want to keep it current in the public mind, and of course to make more money off of it.

It's been years since I've seen the pilot, but as I recall it was pretty embarrassing. I remember I did like the concept behind the starship, which was not just "the Robinson family tools off in a saucer by themselves", but rather the Robinsons are just one family among hundreds, traveling in a huge modular spacecraft.

Each family gets its own "excursion module", so hypothetically when the ship gets where it's going, each family can break off from the mother ship and land where they want. Pretty neat and a unique idea I hadn't seen before (I'm looking at YOU "Earth 2"... which is probably as close to a "reboot" of Lost In Space as we're ever going to get).

K

I have (or used to have, not sure if it's still around) a really nice Robot action figure, but that's about as close as I have to any detailed picture of it.

I've been looking for the pilot for awhile now, any tips would be great, even though I know it will be horrible. The toy gun is way undersized and would take alot to make it screen accurate, there have been acouple of people who have made them in the past but never offered them, I know ptbynmbrs had one on his website ages ago and kev here has a cast is his collection, I think I might start drawing up plans for a scratchbuild.

I remember I had the model kit for the robot when I was younger, very detailed, if done right could be a great desk display, I personaly like the later version of the robot, them one that was built after the first was destroyed, more like the original

Its still on youtube. I watched part of it last night and HAD to turn it off as soon as I saw ADAM and the B9 Brain in the background.

-Gary

dang, at least he made use of the kit. hahah, i actually did start one of these last year i had some time in the summer and finished it quite nicely, it has like 8 leds inside of it. gonna look for the pics of it to post.. that was a nice use of the parts tho for that plane lol.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back