Plecter labs Blaster core???????????

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi,
I'm sure I'm not alone when I ask what happened to plecter labs blaster core? I haven't seen an update for what seems like a at least a year or so.
I have been holding off on building my ali blaster so I can incorporate the blaster core but I'm not sure if they are ever going to be available again?
Hyperdyne are also out of stock.

Does anyone else know if there are any other sound and light makers out there for the E11 blaster?

:confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused

Erv doesn't tend to keep those in stock as they don't sell like the Crystal Focus do (but then, what does?), but I've let him know you're interested.

Update:
Erv Plecter is currently in R&D, which presumably means improving the product, but there should be a new batch of Blaster Core (quote) "before spring"

Hope this helps.

Erv does all of his soldering of the boards by hand so its not a fast process, but his work is amazing. Good to know he's got another batch coming out. I've been looking at getting a blaster core and one of his voice cores. I got lucky enough to pick up a couple crystal focus boards last run.

Dumb question, but what are you guys talking about? I've never heard of this. Is it a blaster sound module?

Erv makes what he calls a "Blaster Core" that is very similar to his Crystal Focus Saber Cores but for blasters. He only makes so many of them a year so they go pretty quick. They are programmable with your own blaster sounds and LED effects.

hey,
thanks guys!
I have spoken to Erv via email and got the same info. I always seem to miss out. :cry
there was a problem with emailing the news letter out and that's why I keep missing out.
I havebeen told to check out his saber site instead as he keeps this updated with info on production.

Yeah, not to mention Erv basically stole his blaster core idea and voice core idea from my research. Let's not have that muddy the issue with the newbies either. :rolleyes

His stuff is digital recasts (and bad ones at that). And the fact of the matter is his crystal focus core is a direct patent infringement of my IP. And the guy shrugs it off and thumbs his nose at me, while actually admitting in emails that he is stealing my IP.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of folk I like to deal with around here. His saber sound board threads have been shut down here due to violated the CoC and basically stealing.

You know, how would you react if some prop you made was being recast and sold on ebay? Probably not too kindly.

For those people who just want cool trinkets no matter what, I just won't argue with those types that are morally bankrupt...

Hyperdyne,
do you have any of your blaster modules ready? I couldn't see any on your site. I did look there too:)
I had no idea that the PL were copies.

Yeah, let's just sweep it all under the rug since it is something cool you want. :rolleyes

Afraid not. I call it like it is. The guy is a thief, plain and simple. If you haven't noticed, we don't tolerate their type around these parts.

You will find people around here are somewhat more civilized than some other forums where recasting is actually condoned and recommended. I would suggest you hang out in those seedy areas with the like-minded maggots.

Can we not get into this?

Sorry, I am out of them right now. But I am planning on making more very soon.

Anyway, I know revisionist history has run amuck on other forums but not here...

Hyperdyne,
do you have any of your blaster modules ready? I couldn't see any on your site. I did look there too:)
I had no idea that the PL were copies.

Jim, I think you summarized your point well, I dont want the original topic of the thread to get derailed and since you are out of stock lets make sure we can find some alternatives for the member.

So anyone else knows who else makes electronics for blasters?

Yeah, let's just sweep it all under the rug since it is something cool you want. :rolleyes

Afraid not. I call it like it is. The guy is a thief, plain and simple. If you haven't noticed, we don't tolerate their type around these parts.

You will find people around here are somewhat more civilized than some other forums where recasting is actually condoned and recommended. I would suggest you hang out in those seedy areas with the like-minded maggots.

This really doesn't seem to be that "civalized" of a response to a response posed by a person answering another user's question. Implying that someone is a "maggot" is and was totally uncalled for. It didn't seem like malice was intended toward you or your company in the least.

As a Star Wars prop collector for over a decade, Ive missed out on your baster core the very few times it's been availible. Maybe if your wares were more readily availible the discussion would be centered around your blaster prop.

Perhaps a better question, is what would someone have to do to make a customizable electronic light and sound unit for props to not be accused of stealing from Hyperdyne?

Or is it that simply the concept of customizable electronic lights and sounds is ripping him off?

Here's a soundboard that was posted on FISD a while back. It's meant more for voice / static bust sounds, but as described - it could be used for blasters too.

http://triktoys.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=103

I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for quality.

A cheap / ghetto solution would be to get one of those toy / dollar store sound recorders (where you can speak into it and it records a few seconds of sound). You could record some blaster sounds and upgrade the speakers / amplify it. Again, ghetto solution - but cheap.

I bought a Hyperdyne Blaster upgrade a while back (haven't installed it yet) but I did test it out, and it's quite awesome. Super happy with it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back